What's your latest High Resolution Download purchased?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take a look. hey Brian - (or anyone for that matter)

Recall I have Oppo BDP103...I don't recall what the deal is. Would I be better (sonically) to put this DSD music on a stick and play through Oppo, or just as good to go through Foobar to my Denon via HDMI? Is there a difference in quality or how they can handle such files??

Thanks!

Yes. Best results are via a USB drive or stick on the Oppo. Set SACD mode to DSD.

Hi, folks.

Any posts on this thread discussing illegal downloads and questionable offshore sites have been deleted. Thanks to all those who publicly called this issue to others' attention. QQ does not condone any illegal downloading. We appreciate everyone complying with this rule.

Future posts of this ilk will also be deleted.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.

The Pineapple Thief - Live 2014 stereo (24/44.1) and surround (24/48) download through Burning Shed.

image.jpg

Just bought this. For $24.98 it better sound good.

Attachments

• ccr_hdtracks_download.jpg
    ccr_hdtracks_download.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 207
I doubt if HD Tracks is using the DSD one for 24 bit 192 khz FLAC. Sounds like a different mastering to me. I could always download the DSD one from Acoustic Sounds and compare them if I really wanted to waste some money, but I've overspent already this weekend.

I've got the SACD though so I may compare it to that sometime.

Eliane Elias-made in Brazil which turned out NOT to be 96/24 resolution (confirmed by PSM after my enquiry) but it was cheaper than the cd so no biggie.

So should I "buy" Bob Dylan's new album on FLAC for $17.98 ... well I almost did. Any comments or suggestions?

Mumford & Sons. Sigh No More 24 bit 48khz ... it was cheap though 15% off at Acoustic Sounds and helped me get free shipping on a couple of SACDs.

MONO Surfer Girl for 15% off from HDTracks.com

Other choices were a stereo/mono combo (same price as the SACD!!!) and stereo.

MONO is the way to go with the old Beach Boys stuff anyway. Little extra bits at the end not faded out and more bass. Well, usually. The mono Little Deuce Couple on the most recent redbook has the most bass.

Attachments

• surfer_girl.jpg
    surfer_girl.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 141
HD TRACKS...I couldn't take it...one of the MOST UNDERRATED LPS EVER
Aerosmith -ROCK IN A HARD PLACE!!!! 96/24

It sounds as if there has been some time lapse degrading ..
BUT STILL
the Spectrum goes all the way PAST 30K!!!

Awesome!!!!!

A LOT of great songs here..the best one for me is "Push comes to shove" Steven playing drums (he started as a drummer!)...
I said it before and I'll say it again.."An elephant...." oops, wrong media ..I couldn't tell them apart..either playing JP/BW style was NOT that difficult or they did a GREAT JOB...especially Jimmy Crespo (from a PuertoRican family...vaya PaĂ­to!!!)

Even JPerry was regretting the fact that he was not on this...CAUSE IT ROCKS HARDER THAT MOST 'smith LPs!!!

Downloaded Zep In Through The Out Door and Coda both deluxe.
Bought Coda on the high recommendations. Never been a fav and still isn't.
Don't understand the raves. The sound is fine but the content to me is meh.
ITTOD on the other hand is fabulous especially the "rough mixes".
Big, phat, crankable and non-fatiguing.
Love it.

Downloaded Zep In Through The Out Door and Coda both deluxe.
Bought Coda on the high recommendations. Never been a fav and still isn't.
Don't understand the raves. The sound is fine but the content to me is meh.
ITTOD on the other hand is fabulous especially the "rough mixes".
Big, phat, crankable and non-fatiguing.
Love it.

When In Through the Out Door came out I liked it immediately. It doesn't seem to get mentioned much but I think it is one of their better albums.

When In Through the Out Door came out I liked it immediately. It doesn't seem to get mentioned much but I think it is one of their better albums.

Agreed whole heartedly. It's very under rated and has some definite classics on it - "In The Evening" is one hell of an opener by anybody's standards.

Back