Yay! New Steven Wilson album "4 1/2" due out Jan 22nd!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found in the past that when trying to rip a Blu-ray that was just released with AnyDVDHD, it doesn't always work right away, but that usually within a few weeks an update comes out that gets the job done... hopefully that will be the case with "4 1/2".

I've found in the past that when trying to rip a Blu-ray that was just released with AnyDVDHD, it doesn't always work right away, but that usually within a few weeks an update comes out that gets the job done... hopefully that will be the case with "4 1/2".

Hi m8, :)

I've paid & upgraded for years(DVD Fab), but they had their Domains seized recently. They and AnyDVD are very much in the cross hairs of Big Music's lawyers. It won't be long until they get to AnyDVD. Enjoy those 5.1 FLAC RIPs while you can make 'em. (y)

Just today, I found that I can't RIP my new SW 4.5 BluRay. AnyDVDHD can't break the encryption.
Not to detract from your point about having to be pretty IT savvy to manage a lot of this stuff and the fact that you really should not have to be - which I agree with...

I have release 7.6.5.0 of AnyDVD-HD and had no issues ripping the LPCM 6-channel and 2-channel tracks from the 4 1/2 BD using DVDAE.

Not to detract from your point about having to be pretty IT savvy to manage a lot of this stuff and the fact that you really should not have to be - which I agree with...

I have release 7.6.5.0 of AnyDVD-HD and had no issues ripping the LPCM 6-channel and 2-channel tracks from the 4 1/2 BD using DVDAE.

That's crazy! I have a newer version AnyDVDHD 7.6.7.0. But I am using audiomuxer on the back end. I will try DVD Audio Extractor for the RIP.

Thanks so much for writing. :)

DMJ

Huh. For anybody who feels like this doesn't grab them right away, I'll just say: it gets better as it goes.

Does anybody else get a bit of a lesbo vibe off the two chicks (nothing wrong with that...)?

Due to a Amazon not shipping from preorder from amazon.ca I finally ordered from uk and just got my copy today.

Put the bluray in my Oppo 103 and sat back and as all SW's are such clean recordings cranked up the receiver.
Everything sounding awesome and then when it goes from song 3-4 pure STATIC noise(went on for a while), didn't have my controller near me so almost fell out of my chair and got over to receiver to turn it down.
Has anyone else had this problem, this is on the dts master audio 5.1,I think the Lpcm 5.1 is fine?
I put it back to the end of song 3 and then as it gets to 18 minute mark or there abouts and it does it everytime as it goes from song 3 to 4.

Is this a Oppo problem or do I have a defective disk?

peter

Due to a Amazon not shipping from preorder from amazon.ca I finally ordered from uk and just got my copy today.

Put the bluray in my Oppo 103 and sat back and as all SW's are such clean recordings cranked up the receiver.
Everything sounding awesome and then when it goes from song 3-4 pure STATIC noise(went on for a while), didn't have my controller near me so almost fell out of my chair and got over to receiver to turn it down.
Has anyone else had this problem, this is on the dts master audio 5.1,I think the Lpcm 5.1 is fine?
I put it back to the end of song 3 and then as it gets to 18 minute mark or there abouts and it does it everytime as it goes from song 3 to 4.

Is this a Oppo problem or do I have a defective disk?

peter

I have had no issues whatsoever with the LPCM 5.1 track on the Blu-Ray, but I don't think I have ever played the DTS-HD MA 5.1 track, so I would think right now it's an Oppo-related issue, but I'll see if I get the same thing as you do on the DTS-HD MA 5.1 track tomorrow.

Why not just play the LPCM? Is there some advantage to the dts HD MA?

Why not just play the LPCM? Is there some advantage to the dts HD MA?

Some people might not be able to play the LPCM track but they could still play the core audio of the DTS-HD MA 5.1 track, so if there's an issue definitely on that track, it messes up the ability for some to play this disc.

Back