Steve Hackett - The Circus And The Nightwhale (CD/5.1 BD-A 2/16/2024)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exciting.
not to derail the thread, does anyone have a good link or list of all the Hackett/Djabe releases with 5.1 on the second disc? I have been slowly collecting them.

New album out February 16 2024. Concept album with Blu-ray mediabook (including 5.1 Surround Sound) version:

https://www.loudersound.com/news/steve-hackett-to-release-first-new-concept-album-for-48-years

I put this in the upcoming releases thread before I had seen you started this. Sorry for the duplicate.

But I’ll repeat what I said there... I wish Hackett would move over to Atmos rather than only 5.1. It’s not like his music wouldn’t benefit from it.

Still, this is an instant pre-order for me whenever it’s available.

I have really been enjoying Djabe & Steve Hackett's Life Is A Journey: The Sardinia Tapes.
It is still readily available in a CD/5.1 DVD release.

The Steve Hackett with Djabe releases are fantastic. But to back up, Djabe has at least 10 releases on DVDA! At least one BD.
Djabe - Steve Hackett DVD's, at least 4 releases.
Djabe - Steve Hackett BD Live in Gyor

These are surround releases, and just off the top of my head. But all are good.

The Hackett concert BD's are pretty good...he always has a really tight, well rehearsed band.

EDIT: For those unaware, Djabe is a Hungarian Jazz band...but Jazz does not entirely fit them or pigeonhole them as they are wide ranging in styles, and very very good.

The Hackett store and Burning Shed have this available for pre-order for those that are interested.

Mine arrived yesterday defaced by Hackett himself in a silver pen. On first listen the music is quite good I have not brought a Hackett record for quite some time.
I don't think the surround mix is that adventurous but the album I'd a good listen

I was sure I'd ordered this, but its not on my spreadsheet!

I must remember to order the Steve Hackett The Circus And The Whale,
I must remember to order the Steve Hackett The Circus And The Whale.....................

I heard a track thanks to a bud in....well across the pond. Hopefully the full album will bring some enlightenment. His seemingly regular Genesis gigs are always good, great band. His work with Djabe and Djabe themselves outstanding.
Hackett's playing is always top notch and he hasn't lost a step in his later years. Content on the new album....well we'll see.

What is a nightwhale?

Mine arrived yesterday defaced by Hackett himself in a silver pen. On first listen the music is quite good I have not brought a Hackett record for quite some time.
I don't think the surround mix is that adventurous but the album I'd a good listen
Just to add I listened to the CD today in the package for the first time and preferred that to the surround mix not sure why.

Back