YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans 5.1 - Reality

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling a bit left out now:violin They haven't told me mine is shipped yet:( "whats going on? where is my copy? I cannot wait!

OK I think I've got my head round it now:confused: 'cos I'm in the UK, if they shipped it to me now I'd get it before the official release date, (wouldn't be the first time) so just got to be patient, it will come to me soon.:lookaround

I live just down the road from RT, relatively speaking (East Tennessee), pre-ordered it 36 days ago, and my last name starts with a 'D' (if they ship out alphabetically), and mine still hasn't shipped. :violin

I think the problem is that I just want this particular disc so danged bad that it's going to make it take longer. I feel that if I were more indifferent about it, I would already have it by now! ;)

I believe they ship by Transaction ID, you can check your order status by entering it on https://www.burningshed.com/index.asp?page=contact

I live just down the road from RT, relatively speaking (East Tennessee), pre-ordered it 36 days ago, and my last name starts with a 'D' (if they ship out alphabetically), and mine still hasn't shipped. :violin

I think the problem is that I just want this particular disc so danged bad that it's going to make it take longer. I feel that if I were more indifferent about it, I would already have it by now! ;)

I ordered mine right as the preorder went up, and since I'm in the US, that might be the reason why mine were among the first sent out today.
So they definitely ship everything they sell starting with Rest of the World preorders first, then Europe, and finally the UK itself, but they might also go in order of when the order was placed, starting with the earliest ones first.

Oh well, no matter. They are on their way, and that's all that matters! (Now I'm just waiting for them to send me an email saying that "Skylarking" has shipped too!)

:)

I ordered mine right as the preorder went up, and since I'm in the US, that might be the reason why mine were among the first sent out today.
So they definitely ship everything they sell starting with Rest of the World preorders first, then Europe, and finally the UK itself, but they might also go in order of when the order was placed, starting with the earliest ones first.

Oh well, no matter. They are on their way, and that's all that matters! (Now I'm just waiting for them to send me an email saying that "Skylarking" has shipped too!)

:)

I forget - what is release date for Skylarking? :)

I received my 2cd2dvd from Headphone Dust today at 10am, I had to sign for it ,glad I was there. I live in central PA. I ordered the Bluray from Burning Shed, haven't heard a thing yet about shipping. I placed my order for both at least 3 weeks after they went on presale. .... but of course Im listening to it now..:music

Does anyone on here have the 3CD/1Blu-ray set already, and if so, approximately how big is the packaging that it ships in? From the few pics I've seen, it looks quite large, but that could just be the perspective from a 2D photo.

The reason I ask is I have a standard size (small) mailbox, and there are 5 mailboxes in a row, and my driveway is about a quarter mile long, so if it's too big for the mailbox, I doubt the postman will know which house goes to what driveway, although UPS and Fedex always seem to somehow find me.

Thanks! :)

Does anyone on here have the 3CD/1Blu-ray set already, and if so, approximately how big is the packaging that it ships in? From the few pics I've seen, it looks quite large, but that could just be the perspective from a 2D photo.

The reason I ask is I have a standard size (small) mailbox, and there are 5 mailboxes in a row, and my driveway is about a quarter mile long, so if it's too big for the mailbox, I doubt the postman will know which house goes to what driveway, although UPS and Fedex always seem to somehow find me.

Thanks! :)

From what I can tell, the 3CD/Blu-Ray packaging appears to be the same size as the recent 3CD/Blu-Ray release of "Radical Action…" from King Crimson, so if you have that release, that should give you an idea of how "Tales…" will be packaged. :)

From what I can tell, the 3CD/Blu-Ray packaging appears to be the same size as the recent 3CD/Blu-Ray release of "Radical Action…" from King Crimson, so if you have that release, that should give you an idea of how "Tales…" will be packaged. :)
Cool, so basically just a double-wide Digipak case. In that pic you posted a few pages ago it almost looks like a giant book-sized box that is quite a bit taller than it is wide, but again, that could just be the closeness of the shot, the angle, and perspective. To me, it almost looks like the height of a record album, but there's nothing in the shot to compare it to:

Cs430X6WgAEN2O7.jpg:large

I have both, they are the same size. The same size as the previous Yes CD/blu-ray releases, just thicker.

Yay, I just got the Burning Shed email as well. Pity that Beat & Three of a Perfect Pair have been delayed to the 28th now though. Fingers crossed that Stand Up doesn't get delayed either. Still, I don't know which release I'm actually looking forward to more - Tales or Skylarking... ;)

Yay, I just got the Burning Shed email as well. Pity that Beat & Three of a Perfect Pair have been delayed to the 28th now though. Fingers crossed that Stand Up doesn't get delayed either. Still, I don't know which release I'm actually looking forward to more - Tales or Skylarking... ;)

Oh that's an easy answer for me. "Skylarking" is my most anticipated release of the entire year, but "Tales" is a close 2nd, followed by the 80s box set from King Crimson, then "Stand Up" after that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's an easy answer for me. "Skylarking" is my most anticipated release of the entire year.....

Ditto. A wonderful collection of Partridge/Moulding gems sweetened by Rundgren's gorgeous production and arrangements. And now it will have Steven sprinkling his magical 5.1 fairy dust on it. The only other thing that I might be more excited about is Steven's mix of The Seeds of Love. But who knows when we're getting that? Not complaining though. October/November/December are going to do enough damage to my bank account. Plus I still have 3 Chicago's, 8 Beethoven symphonies and 2 BS&T AF SACDs (dang, that's a lot of initials) that I still haven't listened to. (Yeah, that's correct. I only just got around to buying the BS&T titles. Feel free to chastise me, LOL.)

Oh that's an easy answer for me. "Skylarking" is my most anticipated release of the entire year, but "Tales" is a close 2nd, followed by the 80s box set from King Crimson, then "Stand Up" after that. :)

I'm sorta leaning towards Skylarking myself between the two, but I think it's Stand Up for me - only because it's an album that could really sound like a significant improvement, much like Skylarking too. :)

I'm sorta leaning towards Skylarking myself between the two, but I think it's Stand Up for me - only because it's an album that could really sound like a significant improvement, much like Skylarking too. :)

I'm still skeptical about how good "Stand Up" will be in surround sound.
Certain songs like "Jeffrey Goes to Leicester Square", "Fat Man", and "Reasons for Waiting" should sound really nice, but a lot of the others might be a little too basic to take advantage of the broader soundscape that surround sound offers.
However, I have no doubts that the stereo mix will be a vast improvement over the original mix. :)

Back