Next Steven Wilson 70s Mix - Let The Speculation Begin....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I would love to hear "Twelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus" in surround. That was such a little known gem of a record I was surprised it made it to CD. Maybe the morning will come.

The Quadfather

Oh yeah!! If you've never heard this album, pick it up. Of 20,000 albums I own, this is one of my top 10. They're also my second favorite group of all time. The Epic expanded CD (round yellow sticker) with bonus tracks and an extended intro on Mr. Skin is the one to get.
1088564.jpg

I got to meet Ed & Randy about a year before Randy's untimely death.
tumblr_lb93ddVP591qdt67j.jpg

Oh, I would love to hear "Twelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus" in surround. That was such a little known gem of a record I was surprised it made it to CD. Maybe the morning will come.

The Quadfather

Steven teased us again today on his Facebook page:

There are several more classic album remix projects already completed or to be done - some are a continuation of catalogues I have already worked on (though not ELP, the first 2 will be it from me), some are new projects. Updates here and on my website when things become official....

Sounds promising!

Steven teased us again today on his Facebook page:

There are several more classic album remix projects already completed or to be done - some are a continuation of catalogues I have already worked on (though not ELP, the first 2 will be it from me), some are new projects. Updates here and on my website when things become official....

Sounds promising!

Indeed it does! Can't wait to see what those "new projects" are, although I'm extremely disappointed about the lack of more ELP remixes from Steven. Pretty safe to assume I think that the continuation of catalogues are remixes of Crimson's "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" and Jethro Tull's "A Passion Play". So I'm :) and :(

Indeed it does! Can't wait to see what those "new projects" are, although I'm extremely disappointed about the lack of more ELP remixes from Steven. Pretty safe to assume I think that the continuation of catalogues are remixes of Crimson's "Beat" and "Three of a Perfect Pair" and Jethro Tull's "A Passion Play". So I'm :) and :(

Seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. I was rather hoping for another Caravan album, but that seems unlikely. I wonder what the new ones will turn out to be? Regardless, it is very nice, and unexpected, that the 'hotbed' of surround releases is happening in classic prog.

Seems like a pretty reasonable assumption. I was rather hoping for another Caravan album, but that seems unlikely. I wonder what the new ones will turn out to be? Regardless, it is very nice, and unexpected, that the 'hotbed' of surround releases is happening in classic prog.

Yeah, more Caravan isn't happening unfortunately. I talked to the guy who runs the Caravan facebook page and official website awhile back and there are no plans for any more Caravan rereleases.

Last edited:
I'd like to see something from a prominent 70s artist that has not yet had anything mixed in surround...open up a new catalog, perhaps. Supertramp always comes to mind, though I think Steven said that this was a more mainstream/non-prog artist.

I'd like to see something from a prominent 70s artist that has not yet had anything mixed in surround...open up a new catalog, perhaps. Supertramp always comes to mind, though I think Steven said that this was a more mainstream/non-prog artist.

oh YES! can you imagine a new SW mix of Crime of the Century or Breakfast In America..?!? Better still BOTH classics!?! Ay-may-zing..!!!!

oh YES! can you imagine a new SW mix of Crime of the Century or Breakfast In America..?!? Better still BOTH classics!?! Ay-may-zing..!!!!

In post #1 (of this thread!) I suggested Crime of the Century...:yikes

However - it wasn't released in 72, and some would consider it a "prog related" album.....

Thanks, Rudy! No Suppertramp in 5.1 is the Crime of two Centuries!

in fact all of Supertramp just a perfect candidate for surround from both point of view - as a multi layered structural
architecture of the sound which can be nicely developed into 5.1 and so as ones from 70th, who's music still remains
acceptable by very wide audience, which could guarantee good commercial succes of re-issue.

Back