What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this Beatle discussion has prompted me to grab this one...the Anthology

003.jpg
004.jpg

All this Beatle discussion has prompted me to grab this one...the Anthology

View attachment 23042
View attachment 23043

I LOVE this set!!! I watch this with my son annually... and the surround mixes are quite good. I went through each disc and ripped/edited each song out; not every song is complete, and you sometimes get talking at the beginning, middle, or end of songs, but overall it was well worth the effort. I much prefer seeing the Beatles videos in context and with discussion, as in this set, as compared to a straight forward video collection as with 1+ (but I'm glad to have both of them!) Enjoy!

I LOVE this set!!! I watch this with my son annually... and the surround mixes are quite good. I went through each disc and ripped/edited each song out; not every song is complete, and you sometimes get talking at the beginning, middle, or end of songs, but overall it was well worth the effort. I much prefer seeing the Beatles videos in context and with discussion, as in this set, as compared to a straight forward video collection as with 1+ (but I'm glad to have both of them!) Enjoy!

I'm just the opposite...I hate sifting thru all the other things to get to the music...that's why I passed on it before...but I want to hear the music..so I decided to give it a shot...I wish I could just transfer the music to a disc...but I don't have the equipment..

That Chuck Berry Gold CD is one I'd HIGHLY RECOMMEND. It features two albums. The other is Berry is on Top. Here's the track list:

1. Almost Grown
2. Carol
3. Maybellene
4. Sweet Little Rock & Roller
5. Anthony Boy
6. Johnny B. Goode
7. Little Queenie
8. Jo Jo Gunne
9. Roll Over Beethoven
10. Around and Around
11. Hey Pedro
12. Blues for Hawaiians
13. Little Marie
14. Our Little Rendezvous
15. No Particular Place to Go
16. You Two
17. Promised Land
18. You Never Can Tell
19. Go Bobby Soxer
20. The Things I Used to Do
21. Liverpool Drive
22. Night Beat
23. Merry Christmas Baby
24. Brenda Lee
25. Fraulein
26. O'Rangutang
27. The Little Girl from Central

They furnished off their apartment with a two room Roebuck sale,
The coolerator was filled with TV dinners and ginger ale...

Walter Trout "Battle Scars". This is a really good blues rock album incredibly emotive and powerful as it chronicles his life-and-death battle with liver failure culminating in a liver transplant. I don't think there is a bad track on it. I've only seen him play live once, and this studio recording has that kind of energy you only get from a good gig. Its a 10 out of 10 album to me.

Komara ..Pat Mastelotto & friends
I love you , Pat, but WHY SUCH A HORRIBLE COVER?????....not even gonna post it...
Cool music, though..definitely worth it....

Def Leppard S/T on LP!!! (and on CD), I'm a Classic Rock subscriber and I went for the "fan" offer with 2 LP (which BTW sounds AWESOME !!!) with the CD , the magazine and 2 keychains that will never be used , but , hey!!!!

I'm not REALLY a Leppard "FAN" but I do remember getting their 1st LP when it came out...there was this HUGE buzz in Puerto Rico regarding the LP...still have the LP AAMOF...obviously, ""Hysteria" is the ALL TIME CLASSIC...wish they did a REAL 2 LP pressing of it (the only one I've seen is the "Back to Black" and it was sourced from a CD....)

Jim O'Rourke - Simple Songs
Although a bit bright production, it's still a great sounding disc with fine dynamics. Song wise excellent. One of my favourite records this year. This would be interesting in surround.

A fellow worker (the only person I know in Spain who likes Rush!!!!) lent me his early Canadian pressing (blue Casablanca label) of
KISS
HOTTER THAN HELL!!!!

interesting..

half of the songs are fillers and you can tell which ones were good since they played them in concert!!!

Back