• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aerosmith - Wings, Toys & Rocks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Could someone out there please hook me up with a disc of the quad versions of Aerosmith's , Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic & Rocks? I'd greatly appreciate it. Must be playable on blu ray players. Thanks so much in advance

Methinks you asketh for too much.. .. and besides there are no legit versions on BD...stick around for a few months and you'll find some versions from SQ or Q8..that's as good as you'll get, unless Vocalion gets the rights for these.....

Last edited:
i thought this kind of chat was off limits here but if its ok and if the OP wants some assistance in this matter feel free to start a conversation

Could someone out there please hook me up with a disc of the quad versions of Aerosmith's , Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic & Rocks? I'd greatly appreciate it. Must be playable on blu ray players. Thanks so much in advance

Yes this kind of request is most definitely off limits as far as I know. I am not sure where the forum rules are posted (else I would direct you to them), but talking about pirating anything in a public forum, even stuff that's out of print, is very taboo here. What you discuss in private conversations is not monitored, however. And a private conversation is how you should go about this.

True, there are no BRD versions of any of those releases. I have a copy of TITA on MC SACD so I'm familiar with that one, and it is long OPP. Wasn't Rocks also released on that format as well, or was it only a stereo SACD?

Methinks you asketh for too much.. .. and besides there are no legit versions on BD...stick around for a few months and you'll find some versions from SQ or Q8..that's as good as you'll get, unless Vocalion gets the right for these.....
I though a bunch of you were talking about someone being way behind in producing some of these discs a couple of years ago in the Surround Polls section. Thats why I asked :) Sorry I thought you could by and sell on here

I though a bunch of you were talking about someone being way behind in producing some of these discs a couple of years ago in the Surround Polls section. Thats why I asked :) Sorry I thought you could by and sell on here

You can buy and sell on here. You can do it in the swap meet section. But you cant buy and sell pirated or otherwise illegal product.

It's a pity Dutton Vocalion probably can't license these, would certainly move some copies!

I will only say that your best bet is to make some friends and PM them privately. No discussions about trading, buying or selling illegit copies is allowed here, for obvious reasons.

ED :)

It's a pity Dutton Vocalion probably can't license these, would certainly move some copies!

I will only say that your best bet is to make some friends and PM them privately. No discussions about trading, buying or selling illegit copies is allowed here, for obvious reasons.

Hi All,

Hi,

I did ask D-V to consider the aerosmith quad's but didnt get a response. Would love to hear these too as i only have the 'toys' sacd. Woman of the world sound like it has female vocals added, at least i don't 'think' it's Tyler :)

Hi All,

Hi,

I did ask D-V to consider the aerosmith quad's but didnt get a response. Would love to hear these too as i only have the 'toys' sacd. Woman of the world sound like it has female vocals added, at least i don't 'think' it's Tyler :)

Probably the best bet for any Aerosmith QUAD SACD releases would be SONY Japan in their special 7" packaging. Any Aerosmith anniversaries coming up?

Probably the best bet for any Aerosmith QUAD SACD releases would be SONY Japan in their special 7" packaging. Any Aerosmith anniversaries coming up?

What's really interesting is that no reissue company has ever gotten a shot at Aerosmith's catalog, surround or stereo. All reissues have come from Sony themselves. What's worse it that they seem intent on hoarding it and doing nothing with it, aside from two SACDs released almost twenty years ago! Maybe there's an artist approval issue? But that hasn't stopped record companies in the past. I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory or anything, but it seems like there's something else going on here. You'd think MoFi would've taken a shot at any of these titles already (without the quad mix, of course).

I'd agree that the only way these will come out is through Sony themselves, and I'm really not optimistic about it. Fortunately the QLPs and tapes sound pretty good. You can find me rambling on about how amazing the Rocks quad mix is here.

Last edited:
What's really interesting is that no reissue company has ever gotten a shot at Aerosmith's catalog, surround or stereo. All reissues have come from Sony themselves. What's worse it that they seem intent on hoarding it and doing nothing with it, aside from two SACDs released almost twenty years ago! Maybe there's an artist approval issue? But that hasn't stopped record companies in the past. I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory or anything, but it seems like there's something else going on here. You'd think MoFi would've taken a shot at any of these titles already (without the quad mix, of course).

I'd agree that the only way these will come out is through Sony themselves, and I'm really not optimistic about it. Fortunately the QLPs and tapes sound pretty good. You can find me rambling on about how amazing the Rocks quad mix is here.

Must be an artist thingy, Jonathan.....probably no other explanation.

SONY Japan is now busy releasing a slew of their back catalogue classical titles [like Leonard Bernstein] on Stereo SACD for rational prices ($24 each]. In fact, just received one today in addition to Tomita's 4.0 Space Fantasy SACD [Denon].

The 7" Series, now that's what I'm talkin" bout!

It's amazing how 'suckered in' I am to grab those gorgeous 7" beauties.....even when I have perfectly serviceable older mch SACD copies [the Billy Joels...52nd Street/The Stranger and Carol King's Tapestry...and the Stones new 7" Stereo SACDs......Their Satanic Majesties Request/Beggar's Banquet]

Last edited:
Aerosmith can't seem to keep up with Whitesnake, coming Slide It In, 6 CD and DVD. I believe the music videos on the DVD will be 5.1.

Back