Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This, in addition to having FOUR EARS:

f1067714b79abbbb9fc303f576ddef7c.jpg

And Wipe that puss off your face, Smithers!

it's late and I am .."coming down" from the YES/ARW gig tonight.. yes it was insane!!! ..HOW OLD ARE THESE GUYS??? AGE is only a state of mind!!,,,
ANYYYWAYYYY

Winding down with some quiet easy listening via Arthur Fiedler & Boston Pops.. "Me and Julio down by the schoolyard"... these guys were VERRRRY SERIOUS about their .. ehem "Easy Listening"..I wonder if that makes it.. DISCIPLINED Listening???

RPWL......A New Dawn

For a live concert the use of Dolby Atmos surprisingly works quite well. Lots going on in them enhanced little babies. Not really a fan of RPWL but thanks again to recs off this site, its now banging out loud and clear.

In fact, the wife entered the bat cave to see if I was alrite. ( more likely to get me to turn it down a tadge )..anyway my dearly beloved of 31 years , starting tapping her foot.

Now us gentlefolk need a bit of me time and pleased though I was to see her 'enjoying' my little moment of self indulgence, I'm afraid I have to admit to tweekin it down a notch or two.

The 'apple of my eye' departed with a look of amusement. Funny how events unfold without a word spoken!!

It's back to head bangin time now!! :51QQ

The Word for TODAY is: KERFUFFLE

Definition of kerfuffle
plural kerfuffles
: a disturbance or commotion typically caused by a dispute or conflict
  • In all the kerfuffle, nobody seemed to have noticed Harry, which suited him perfectly.
  • — J. K. Rowling
  • It's not the only school with dress code issues; almost every week there's a local story about some kerfuffle over what kids wear to school.
  • —Belinda Luscombe
Get to know its meaning and origin and impress your friends [and foes]

Knowledge Is Good

cc7f9350c32649b184abfb80c49c42b1

Last edited:
Fire Garden ...Far and Near

Mixed by: Bruce Soord

Another one completely off my radar. until I re-read some previous listening posts.
Arrived today from Amazon UK. Corse I had the usual run-around before ordering to check it came with the DVD Audio tracks as Amazon had it listed as one disc...:rolleyes: It has two discs.

Blimey, got it just in time ..they've doubled the price!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M4M9LLZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Fire Garden ...Far and Near

Mixed by: Bruce Soord

Another one completely off my radar. until I re-read some previous listening posts.
Arrived to today from Amazon UK. Corse I had the usual run-around before ordering to check it came with the DVD Audio tracks as Amazon had it listed as one disc...:rolleyes: It has two discs.

Blimey, got it just in time ..they've doubled the price!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M4M9LLZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I received this yesterday day as well. Barely had a chance to listen to the first two tracks. My impression this far is very good. The album is dedicated to victims of war and terror . A suitably dark subject for my liking.

I received this yesterday day as well. Barely had a chance to listen to the first two tracks. My impression this far is very good. The album is dedicated to victims of war and terror . A suitably dark subject for my liking.

I couldn't agree more, Gos hit the nail on the head with his review. The mix is superb and the sonics are excellent. Will deff spin more than once.

Tim Bowness: Lost in the Ghost Light DTS 5.1 Remixed/mastered by Steve Wilson.

I've so far played Lost in the Ghost Light in DTS 5.1 ........ Excellent [but moody]. Superb sonics and 5.1 remix!

81l9uZLzFfL._SL1500_.jpg

Hopefully yours and my enthusiasm will suffice, to bring this to peeps attention. It really is good..imo. ( or both our opinions )

Back