Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gong - Rejoice I'm Dead DVD-Audio 24/96 MLP Lossless Surround 5.1 (y) (Gentlemen we now need some classic Teapotty Radio Gnomey Invisible Trilogy Gong in 5.1. Rejoice I'm Waiting, thank you, and good day!)

gong rejoice I'm dead dvd.jpg

Soundgarden...Badmotorfinger. In fact had it on replay most of the afternoon ...as it just rocks!!
Indeed. If you're in to Chris Cornell (R.I.P.) and company as much as I am, and you don't have Temple of the Dog, I recommend you ignore the haters and check it out. I have no idea wtf they're getting on about. It's one of my favorite BD-As. Gut-wrenchinly powerful and beautiful on my system.

Indeed. If you're in to Chris Cornell (R.I.P.) and company as much as I am, and you don't have Temple of the Dog, I recommend you ignore the haters and check it out. I have no idea wtf they're getting on about. It's one of my favorite BD-As. Gut-wrenchinly powerful and beautiful on my system.

Indeed ...I'm lucky to have it too. Don't why its so underrated either.
In fact its going to be my next disc to keep this rockin evening on track.

Indeed ...I'm lucky to have it too. Don't why its so underrated either.
In fact its going to be my next disc to keep this rockin evening on track.
I can't remember which, ATM, but there is a live clip in the extras that makes the disc worth the price of admission, even though it's stereo.
So clear and powerful and a wonderful performance. Other clips are archival only, but one is just glorious.

And now ...Chris Cornell graces my ears again. Temple of the Dog.

Why oh why has it taken me so long to play this one again...If you can get it folks for a reasonable deal..don't hesitate. For you 'Soundgarden' fans I'm sorry this is just a bit better ..imo ..Hunkers down waitin for flak.

Next up ..Guns n Roses ( arrived today )..er not yet!! Will play this one thru again.

Last edited:

I don't have that disc , cause of the cost actually , but you bring up a very valid point regarding haters and bad reviews by some on QQ .
Ignore all or most bad reviews from posters . I find some individuals are far too critical of a recording . It's easy for these individuals to crap on a disc and usually lean to a negative when stating their opinion .
I have unfortunately found that some reviews on a so called bad surround/quad mix are far from justified . These same discs I've later purchased , only to find out they are indeed good , and not at all worthy of the slam they received .

The best person to review a surround or quad title is YOURSELF .

I don't know WTF (Why) these people have such high expectations , but such is the nature of some opinions , minority opinions.

And here is one to prove my point.

Listened to this quad mix the other night and sure enough it is just fine . I can't understand why a couple posters actually deemed this as the worst quad recording they ever heard , WTF !!
It's sounding even better than I had previously thought , shame on me .

John Lennon -Imagine
20180905_135948.jpg

Back