What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite Bowie LPs on some very cool looking vinyl.

20190105_122602.jpg

And yes, this is an album that is very high up on my 5.1 wish list!

Last edited:
Carpenters with the Royal Philharmonic CD w/Target exclusive bonus track (Please Mr. Postman) A greatest hits compilation with some instruments and backgrounds added to the original studio tracks. Primarily for completists like me. This album is pretty good and not the hack job it could have been.

Nice Day for Something - Lee Michaels CD I've been waiting forever for this to come out on CD. I already have a Q8, SQ and 2ch LP. Recommended in Quad. CD will do in a pinch.

Tailface - Lee Michaels Also 1st time on CD Utterly forgettable, though far from awful. I was one of the eight people who bought this on LP as a new release in '74.

Sex, Dope & Cheap Thrills - Big Brother and the Holding Company 2 CD Alternate takes of Cheap Thrills. This was to have been the title, but CBS nixed that. I got my LP the week it came out. I also bought this on CD, expanded CD in Box of Pearls & 5.1 SACD. Get the SACD if you can. One of my most favored albums. Although I've only heard half of this, IMHO, it's superb. "Four gentlemen and one great, great broad..." - Wolfgang Grahonka

Jug Band Extravaganza - Jim Kweskin, David Grisman. Maria Muldaur, John Sebastian & Geoff Muldaur CD

Popeye Soundtrack Deluxe - Nilsson 2 CD Second CD features Harry's demos. Joe has an old LP of this.

Last edited:
Easy listening....LP- Bert Bacharach's "Reach Out", had the Q8 and have the DTS conversion, now the stereo vinyl.
Brazil 66- Greatest Hits, gorgeous stuff to have a rum tiki drink to...
And 2 picture sleeve 7"s , a Japanese Tamla 4 song EP (33 1/3), and a Monkee's "Daydream Believer" (45). Pennies for the records.
Alas, my local record/CD retailer states there has been No run on Captain & Tennille stuff after Darryl Dragon's passing.....

Again I am thrust into the breech on this title...yet another version with yet more praise to suggest it's the best available copy...my poor SHM-SACD version is probably suffering from low self esteem...but Quad Linda has thrown down the gauntlet...so I had to see for myself...I will be conducting a long test this time...I will not only listen to it various ways...but I will enlist a couple of friends and get their opinions as well...

IMG_3474.JPG

A friend of ours sent us this. He said Linda will dig it. There are some similarities to retro psych and techno stuff I love so much.

Although it's only 10 tracks, it is 3 LP's on vinyl.

Hey, Quad Goddess, I'd like your opinion on a CD. I have a regular Cd (not sure the exact one) of: Traffic - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys. To me some of the drumming sounds like it had clipping during the recording, or something, just kind of nasty sounding. I was wondering if you've heard the MFSL Gold CD of this album and is that the best version- as far you remember?

Hey, Quad Goddess, I'd like your opinion on a CD. I have a regular Cd (not sure the exact one) of: Traffic - The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys. To me some of the drumming sounds like it had clipping during the recording, or something, just kind of nasty sounding. I was wondering if you've heard the MFSL Gold CD of this album and is that the best version- as far you remember?

My current go to version of Low Spark is the Universal SHM~SACD single layered remaster of a few years ago. Sounds superb!

edit: Sorry, JP......got a bit confused.......Universal only released John Barleycorn Must Die on SHM~SACD [a KEEPER] and NOT Low Spark [and why NOT, Universal?]

Back