New Surround Master v2 - Pre-Order Roster Discussion Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I'll certainly order the SM2 in a few weeks. Should I contact [email protected] to get a $50 discount code before ordering, as I own the SM1 for years ? (french customer here :) )

I wonder also if I can power the new SM2 with the 2nd output of my high quality Keces 12V linear power supply ? The SM2 seems to be rated 9-12V (but 9V "preffered" ?), but I don't want to break something...

...I'll certainly order the SM2 in a few weeks. Should I contact [email protected] to get a $50 discount code before ordering, as I own the SM1 for years ? (french customer here :) )

I wonder also if I can power the new SM2 with the 2nd output of my high quality Keces 12V linear power supply ? The SM2 seems to be rated 9-12V (but 9V "preffered" ?), but I don't want to break something...
Hi Yucca

Always best to contact Paul just to be sure it happens smoothly!

Re the power supply, tell you a secret. I actually prefer the 12 V but we still have 100's of the 9 V in stock. Either are fine

@Chucky : Great !!
I mailed Paul :)

...about the PS, does it mean also I can power the SM v.1 with 12V ? ...I didn't try yet, but as I don't have any room available on my power block, if I could spare an output, rather than using very long power cords to the wall, it would be nice...

Just put my money where my mouth is and ordered my very own Surround Master v2.

I’m ridin’ higher than Dudley Do-Right on a bud o’ Maple leaf (or fredblue finding out the Rufus Q8s are goin’ SACD) and ready for some tight beams.

In commemoration of this momentous event I’ve created some musical art using an image of a Surround Master on a Vectorscope. (Bet you thought you were beholding a Jackson Pollack!)

View attachment 38704

It’s great to wake up in the morning, up, up and away to self-actualization, affirmation and beyond.
I’m fantastic, wonderful, smart, strong, sexy, and thrilled to be alive in a surround sound world…
I am, I am, I am… a ham I am.

Looks like a Bitch in Heat,🐶 JP. Congrats on your purchase.

Last edited:
So as I write this it is almost afternoon in Melbourne March 15, 2019. Beware the Ides of March! Sorry Julius you had it coming.

But I am more interested in the end of March when the SM v2 (just learned to use the little "v") is supposed to ship. Hopefully this is on schedule? And never ordering from Involve before do you send a notice when shipping & tracking number?

So as I write this it is almost afternoon in Melbourne March 15, 2019. Beware the Ides of March! Sorry Julius you had it coming.

But I am more interested in the end of March when the SM v2 (just learned to use the little "v") is supposed to ship. Hopefully this is on schedule? And never ordering from Involve before do you send a notice when shipping & tracking number?

Stuff is ordered but I fear shipping will be mid April. Will keep you informed. Not sure what tracking info we send..... Not my department. Will ask Paul

Dear all
Here is a message from our "beloved" CEO Dawson:

Dear QQ Member

I would like to keep you all up to date with the manufacturing of the Surround Master V2

All parts for the first Surround Masters have been ordered and are on their way from our suppliers. Most have already arrived at our offices in preparation for their final assembly into your product. Unfortunately there has been a delay from our PCB suppliers, due we are told to a parts shortage. We are assured that as soon as this part arrives next week into their factory they will be manufacturing the boards and sending them to us. This means we should have all the parts in approx. 21 days and once we have completed assembly and testing we will be sending your product to you.

There will be no further pre order special pricing as of the 1st of April other than our ongoing QQ members discount.

We had expected to send the product at the end of March and I apologise for this delay but it is beyond our control.

Thank you for your support of Involve and I look forward to your reviews of the Surround Master V2 shortly after their arrival.

Best regards

Dawson Johns

CEO Involve Audio.

Thanks for the note. I am sure everyone will understand that release dates and such are totally dependent upon everything going right and everything showing up on time.
I am sure that any additional wait will well be worth it, as they say.

(and again, thanks to all of you for the discount(s))

Unfortunately there has been a delay from our PCB suppliers, due we are told to a parts shortage. We are assured that as soon as this part arrives next week into their factory they will be manufacturing the boards and sending them to us. This means we should have all the parts in approx. 21 days and once we have completed assembly and testing we will be sending your product to you.

Those of us who have pre-ordered the v2 eagerly await its delivery. However, I am in the camp that wants everything working totally to Involve Audio's satisfaction prior to commercial release.

Dear all

Dear QQ Member

I would like to keep you all up to date with the manufacturing of the Surround Master V2

All parts for the first Surround Masters have been ordered and are on their way from our suppliers. Most have already arrived at our offices in preparation for their final assembly into your product. Unfortunately there has been a delay from our PCB suppliers, due we are told to a parts shortage. We are assured that as soon as this part arrives next week into their factory they will be manufacturing the boards and sending them to us. This means we should have all the parts in approx. 21 days and once we have completed assembly and testing we will be sending your product to you.

There will be no further pre order special pricing as of the 1st of April other than our ongoing QQ members discount.

We had expected to send the product at the end of March and I apologise for this delay but it is beyond our control.

Thank you for your support of Involve and I look forward to your reviews of the Surround Master V2 shortly after their arrival.

Best regards

Dawson Johns

CEO Involve Audio.
Thanks for the update. Good things come to those who wait 😁.

Dear all

Dear QQ Member

Best regards

Dawson Johns

CEO Involve Audio.

As we inch closer to the end of of April the days seem like weeks. Here's hoping things are shaping up & shipping soon!

Back