Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The WITCH is ONY for sophisticated audiences [like moi] ..........Not the Friday the 13th Part VIII Trash crowd!

Then there's US ........ NOT THEM!

Sophisticated Ehhh You Say?? Heavens to Murgatroyd!!! You must look like this 4 EAARRRRED :SB

njO6lj2.jpg

Another must purchase .... and in NATIVE UHD4K! I've been watching The Loudest Voice on Showtime with a padded up to appear obese Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes, the man who built FOX News from the ground up as 'entertainment' rather than objectively reporting the news. Both Emmy and Golden Globe worthy for Best Actor, Crowe is brilliant. And Ailes was a monster. The last episode airs tonight [8/12]

See the source image

Last edited:
nice, Russell is one of my favorites. First got turned on to him in LA Confidential (excellent "muscle" detective), then Gladiator (Strong in Mind and Spirit as well as physically), then an unexpected surprise in A Beautiful Mind because I liked the real life story and Russell was so willing to be vulnerable and let himself essentially become mentally ill. Russell was just "OK" in Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World but not bad and a neat movie too boot.

3:10 to Yuma Russell did play the "Villain" role well. Then I really liked Russell in American Gangster because he was just willing to again let himself go an be honest and vulnerable at times like the real character he played. If you google Russell's character in American Gangster, it's kinda interesting to see the turn he made later in life.

Last edited:
nice, Russell is one of my favorites. First got turned on to him in LA Confidential (excellent "muscle" detective), then Gladiator (Strong in Mind and Spirit as well as physically), then an unexpected surprise in A Beautiful Mind because I liked the real life story and Russell was so willing to be vulnerable and let himself essentially become mentally ill. Russell was just "OK" in Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World but not bad and a neat movie too boot.

3:10 to Yuma Russell did play the "Villain" role well. Then I really liked Russell in American Gangster because he was just willing to again let himself go an be honest and vulnerable at times like the real character he played. If you google Russell's character in American Gangster, it's kinda interesting to see the turn he made later in life.
Don't forget Romper Stomper!

Asking for a friend:
What, in your opinion, is the all-time greatest surround movie, strictly based on the surround mix, to date?
Thanks!
I would vote for Roma, by Alfonso Cuaron. It's the only movie that I've watched where the soundtrack is like one more actor, immersing you in the movie. Don't expect any special effects or anything like that, it's just like real life sounds around you.
Not an easy movie to watch through, I warn you

Back