Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m off to watch my movie that arrived via United Parcel Service a couple of hours ago.

Thank you, Ralph! 🥰

1564538584128.jpeg

I’m off to watch my movie that arrived via United Parcel Service a couple of hours ago.

Thank you, Ralph! 🥰

View attachment 42179

Haven't seen it, but can't get Key and Peele out of my head whenever I watch something from him. But he was Dark at times in K&P, but it was always in a funny way, not sinister, but kinda lol

I think K&P is underrated though. Peeps should check it out.

For some inexplicable reason I couldn't locate the "3D is Dead' Thread so I'm posting here. Just purchased the ALL REGION 3D/2D Tim Burton's Dumbo from AmazonUK. With VAT removed and s/h came to $25. I'm a sucker for all things Tim Burton and what's not to like about an elephant that can fly!

81B0UGEqG6L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
For some inexplicable reason I couldn't locate the "3D is Dead' Thread so I'm posting here. Just purchased the 3D/2D Tim Burton's Dumbo from AmazonUK. With VAT removed and s/h came to $25. I'm a sucker for all things Tim Burton and what's not to like about an elephant that can fly!
I love the effect of him flying around in Atmos! You can tell where he is, even when off screen.

I don't have ATMOS, Mike but I did purchase it based on yours and Little Baggy's GLOWING recommendation! Toy Story 4 and the live action Lion King are also slated for 3D release!
You should sense him whizzing around you in 5.1 or 7.1, as well. And I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy. I too can't resist Burton.

For some inexplicable reason I couldn't locate the "3D is Dead' Thread so I'm posting here. Just purchased the 3D/2D Tim Burton's Dumbo from AmazonUK. With VAT removed and s/h came to $25. I'm a sucker for all things Tim Burton and what's not to like about an elephant that can fly!

81B0UGEqG6L._SL1500_.jpg

Dumbolicious, hey didn't know Eva Green was in this one; I've got a soft spot for her 😜 ;loved her in Penny Dreadful!

BTW, did you get your projector yet? I'm still searching high and low for one that does 3D ........
I did... Research is good and I was a bit lazy. It needs to mount to my ceiling in order to image on my screen properly.
But ahead of buying a bracket, I need to test the image, because the LENS showed up dirty and scratched-looking.
Didn't have time for a proper test yesterday. Will test, and attempt a cleaning tonight, if possible. Hopefully I can do a 3D test. Active glasses have also arrived.
The seller has indicated they'll "make it right..."

Was OK cept couldn't get over the talking parts of the doppelgangers :rolleyes:
Now I know why it was on a flash sale for $12.99. It didn’t sell well...LOL

Overall, I thought Get Out was better. I laughed most of the way through Us. Probably, in those parts I shouldn’t have. But, the ending was quite good. I didn’t see that coming.

Now I know why it was on a flash sale for $12.99. It didn’t sell well...LOL

Overall, I thought Get Out was better. I laughed most of the way through Us. Probably, in those parts I shouldn’t have. But, the ending was quite good. I didn’t see that coming.

Still haven't watched US but I still cannot get behind Get Out as I found it way too predictable and meandering ....... African~American version of Stepford Wives ..... and HUBBIES....I ROBOT without Will Smith!

Last edited:
Coming September 10th from Universal .... and based on a TRUE Story [Disclaimer: Keep ALL pens away from Joe Pesci...]

10948_tn.jpg

Warning: QQ Viewers under 21 MUST be accompanied by an Adult:

Last edited:
Ok. Lens buffed out. Image looks great, even with the blinds open! Can't wait to test out 3D 13' wide!

From 13" to 13' ........ you don't fool around, do you Mike? A man of extremes! But I would experiment with diifferent screen sizes......13' might be a bit extreme for your particular projector ... especially with 3D which tends to be dark even on plasma flatscreens.

Last edited:
Back