Welcome Thread: New Members please introduce yourself here

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's encoded, then what you basically have is a two channel tape so you don't even need a quad reel to reel to play it (in stereo). You would take the stereo channels, feed them into a decoder which would output 4 channels if the source is indeed encoded, then send that decoded output to 4 channels of amplification and speakers.

If you just wanted to listen in stereo, you would be all set with a stereo reel to reel connected to a stereo receiver/speakers.

BBQ,

So, I can use any .25" tape player to playback, or does it have to be played through a QS Decoder? In other words, is the decoder just for quad sound, or will it playback in stereo without it? Thanks, mslibrty

Yes the QS Decoder is only to have it play in 4 channel Quad it is not needed if you just want to hear it in Stereo only its fully Stereo compatible.
BBQ...

If it's encoded, then what you basically have is a two channel tape so you don't even need a quad reel to reel to play it (in stereo). You would take the stereo channels, feed them into a decoder which would output 4 channels if the source is indeed encoded, then send that decoded output to 4 channels of amplification and speakers.

If you just wanted to listen in stereo, you would be all set with a stereo reel to reel connected to a stereo receiver/speakers.

Thank you, Jon! I know a few people that have smaller studios, but aren't knowledgeable about quad, so this is a start...

yo yo! thanks for welcoming me :)
Welcome, nice having you here.
IMG_1646a.jpg

Hi, my name is Alan, friends call me zoso from Monterrey, Mexico. I'm somewhat new to this forum, been looking to this for the past month, prolly. I was introduced to this forum/page by the guy who runs the YT/FB channel/page of Life in Surround.
I'm not that new to 5.1/surround albums, I just finished my 5.1.4 setup (upgraded from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4).

I've a taste in classic,progressive rock, metal, jazz, some pop, and whatnot.
Having that said, I can't wait for some of this years releases like Abbey Road, King Crimson - In the Court, Bruce Soord, etc... Hi y'all!

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Alan, friends call me zoso from Monterrey, Mexico. I'm somewhat new to this forum, been looking to this for the past month, prolly. I was introduced to this forum/page by the guy who runs the YT/FB channel/page of Life in Surround.
I'm not that new to 5.1/surround albums, I just finished my 5.1.4 setup (upgraded from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4).

Having that said, I can't wait for some of this years releases like Abbey Road, King Crimson - In the Court, Bruce Soord, etc... Hi y'all!

View attachment 42880
Nice to see you here! Enjoy. It's a great forum.

Hi,

I perform on modular synthesizer and just started to do some quadraphonics. I have been releasing videos in 360 and just started to add ambisonic to them. So quadraphonic, 360 and ambisonic should be a fun experience on YouTube with all these new VR/AR headsets, no?

My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/franckmartin
and a quick tutorial on ambisonic on OSX with Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro

Please feel free to reach or leave comments on any of my videos so I can improve.

Thanks
Franck Martin
https://www.peachymango.org

Hi,

I perform on modular synthesizer and just started to do some quadraphonics. I have been releasing videos in 360 and just started to add ambisonic to them. So quadraphonic, 360 and ambisonic should be a fun experience on YouTube with all these new VR/AR headsets, no?

My channel:

Please feel free to reach or leave comments on any of my videos so I can improve.

Thanks
Franck Martin

Things are looking good. While watching the video here you posted in your link the volume seems too low I have the sound turned all the way up and it is still low.

Things are looking good. While watching the video here you posted in your link the volume seems too low I have the sound turned all the way up and it is still low.
Yes, indeed... I think I recorded it live, so did not work my levels correctly.... and I may need a better mic than the computer mic. Sorry about this.

Hi,

Just wanted to add I just released a Spatial Audio, 360, Ambisonic video on Youtube:

Not sure where I should do this announcement on this forum, nor where to look for advice on distributing non stereo audio or audio video which does not involve a physical media.

View attachment 42880
Hola Alan! Welcome to the best site available to lovers of 3-D music.

By the way, love the drum set!!!

Hi,

My channel:

Thanks
Franck Martin

Welcome Franck!

Back