Abbey Road Disc Problem

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used makeMKV. The first time crashed because was an older version. After updating the BR went fine. Mine comes from EU
Were you ripping the 5.1 or the Atmos 7.1 files? I got through the 5.1 DTS-HD MA fine; but then tried the 7.1 Atmos files and got 2 M2TS hash check error messages from MakeMKV. I'm going to update to the latest version of 1.14.5 and try again.

Were you ripping the 5.1 or the Atmos 7.1 files? I got through the 5.1 DTS-HD MA fine; but then tried the 7.1 Atmos files and got 2 M2TS hash check error messages from MakeMKV. I'm going to update to the latest version of 1.14.5 and try again.

I used backup disc option. It went through with no errors after I updated to the latest version. I haven’t ripped the audio yet but the files on the stream folder play fine as they are on my Oppo. Will try a full rip tonight and let you know how I go.

I didn't have any issues the normal way: My MakeMKV is version 1.14.4 Win. (x64 release) and AudioMuxer is version 0.9.6.4

View attachment 43480

Thanks. I am one version behind in Audiomuxer. I will update and give it another run for the heck of it.

Do you happen to have the newest "Music From Big Pink" by The Band blu-ray? I had trouble ripping one song on that one with every method I tried...

Thanks. I am one version behind in Audiomuxer. I will update and give it another run for the heck of it.

Do you happen to have the newest "Music From Big Pink" by The Band blu-ray? I had trouble ripping one song on that one with every method I tried...
Nope sorry, don't have the latest "Music from Big Pink" BD, only the DVD-A version. I should have bought it, I've heard the mix is much better. I'll be sure to order the new "The Band" BD though, because I actually like that title better.

OK, now for the AR BD, so updated to version 1.14.5 of MakeMKV and it seemed to go through fine. Time will tell if everything continues to work, because this is what the error message says on the MakeMKV web page for the error:

makemkv-M2TS-HASH-error.jpg

Did you try Music Media Helper (Split MKV to FLAC tool)?
That's the method I used. No problems. I do have one question... the menu screen shows 3 audio options, but when I opened the MKV in MMH it showed 5 audio options (an extra DTS and DD). All 5 also show in VLC when you select "Codec Info" under TOOLS. Where did the extra 2 audio tracks come from??? o_O

That's the method I used. No problems. I do have one question... the menu screen shows 3 audio options, but when I opened the MKV in MMH it showed 5 audio options (an extra DTS and DD). All 5 also show in VLC when you select "Codec Info" under TOOLS. Where did the extra 2 audio tracks come from??? o_O

Those ‘extras’ are the core codecs from the HD streams. I presumed (For MMH) no one would want to rip those only the HD lossless ones.

Last edited:
I’m sure the HD stream retains the ‘core‘ regardless of its selection as MakeMKV copies the entire stream, no reencoding.

Ripping for Apple Mac OS X users:

As in the past, use MakeMKV v1.14.5 to create a de-encrypted backup of the Blu-ray and then extract the audio streams with DVD AudioExtractor 8.0 from the backup. DVD A/E shows the Stereo (96/24) and DTS MA 5.1 (96/24) streams. It also shows the Dolby TrueHD (48/24) stream but only as 5.1 (no indication of 7.1.)

BTW, DVD Audio Extractor 8.0 claims that it now works with Blu-ray. While it does indeed "see" the streams on the Abbey Road Blu-ray, it will not extract them directly because of BD+ protection.

Did you try Music Media Helper (Split MKV to FLAC tool)?

Do you have a direct link to the newest version? I went to update and it deleted the version I was on and the update won't install. The 180 MB file downloads but then gives vendor error of some sort.

Edit...Realized I had version 3.2 directly on my C: drive and IT WORKED! I did have to add a chapter file to the mkv. For whatever reason MakeMKV didn't add chapter stops. Glad I don't have to mess around with Big Pink any longer. Listening now and it was worth the fuss...Thanks again for the fine Helper Tool.

Last edited:
The latest MMH version 3.3.9 links are at the top of the first post here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...seful-tools-for-music-videos-mch-audio.22693/
The 3rd link is a zip file containing all the files. First link is the auto installer. I tested this and it works on my laptop.

If the MKV does not have chapters it may have been created from the m2ts file which contains only audio and video streams. If you create MKVs from a PlayList then chapters will be included.

The latest MMH version 3.3.9 links are at the top of the first post here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...seful-tools-for-music-videos-mch-audio.22693/
The 3rd link is a zip file containing all the files. First link is the auto installer. I tested this and it works on my laptop.

If the MKV does not have chapters it may have been created from the m2ts file which contains only audio and video streams. If you create MKVs from a PlayList then chapters will be included.

Thanks. Working great. Something is wrong with my disc. Doesn't matter now that it is ripped. A great tool that keeps getting better!

Back