Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came across this at Wal Mart and figured I couldn't go wrong for $11. Was not expecting much for discrete surrounds, but overall it's well recorded for a live show. 99% front soundstage with surrounds for minimal ambiance (reverb, audience cheering).

Edit:
Say You Will - wow this a seriously good sounding acoustic version!!
Jukebox Hero - The group really jammed on this, Mick Jones sizzled on guitar.

ForeignerTN40.jpg

Last edited:
I could have sworn I heard some stuff jumping around at some point. Maybe that was the tape cut?
I'm confused. I have been looking back at all the recent Live At Fillmore East posts. Surroundsound Man says:
"Great disc. Some bad edits though. I believe that mountain jam has one. It's like 5 inches of tape from the master
Was chopped. Enjoy it!" Mountain Jam is not on Live At Fillmore East, it is on Eat A Peach. I have the SACD surround and it sounds great?
In regards to the Blu Ray, most recent release, you cannot make a playlist that mirrors the original 1973 release from the Blu Ray. The BD is the actual shows as they where recorded by Tom Dowd.
What he did in order to release the 1973 recording was on some of the songs, took parts of songs within those BD recordings and created new songs for the 1973 release. This can be verified as to what songs he did that within the liner notes of the recent BD release.
I love the Eat A Peach surround SACD, but I do keep hoping for a Blu Ray release.

Here's another disc I purchased because of favorable blurbs on this very thread

View attachment 47251 Everlast White Trash Beautiful

Very enjoyable mix. Another release that I think would benefit from a poll thread. Stay Surrounded Comrades!
I love, love, love this one!

I'm confused. I have been looking back at all the recent Live At Fillmore East posts. Surroundsound Man says:
"Great disc. Some bad edits though. I believe that mountain jam has one. It's like 5 inches of tape from the master
Was chopped. Enjoy it!" Mountain Jam is not on Live At Fillmore East, it is on Eat A Peach. I have the SACD surround and it sounds great?
In regards to the Blu Ray, most recent release, you cannot make a playlist that mirrors the original 1973 release from the Blu Ray. The BD is the actual shows as they where recorded by Tom Dowd.
What he did in order to release the 1973 recording was on some of the songs, took parts of songs within those BD recordings and created new songs for the 1973 release. This can be verified as to what songs he did that within the liner notes of the recent BD release.
I love the Eat A Peach surround SACD, but I do keep hoping for a Blu Ray release.
I was referring to the DTS version. I also own the SACD & BD versions, where the bad edits do not appear. IMHO the SACD is the better one.

I was referring to the DTS version. I also own the SACD & BD versions, where the bad edits do not appear. IMHO the SACD is the better one.
Sorry, I stand corrected, the DTS edit is ether In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, or Whipping Post. Either way Allman Bros at the Fillmore is one of the greatest live albums ever, and what a gift to have it available in surround no matter what format.

All(man) this chatter has me "In Memory . . ."

View attachment 47283 The Allman Brothers Band Idlewild South 45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition

with TWO surround sound versions of "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed," I'm in Les Paul Heaven!
Excellent surround of a fantastic album. I also like the alternate versions of Elizabeth Reed & Midnight Rider.

Back