Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for some more possible bad news don't forget about that ufo the size of earth that passed in front of our sun on February 29th. Unless the story is bogus.
I'd direct you to a scientific page that explains it but the last time I mentioned it the mods zapped my post....oh well...

And for some more possible bad news don't forget about that ufo the size of earth that passed in front of our sun on February 29th. Unless the story is bogus.

See the source image

For once I have no idea what to say. I have read all the comments and the only thing I can say is that I am not blown away, as I have been just recently on first listen to Ohio Players :Fire , Night At the Opera.
Cannot put my finger on wether its the songs, the surround mix but something is just not gelling with me. Need a few more listens but my gut feeling is this is going on discogs for sale.

Attachments

• styx.jpg
    styx.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 72
For once I have no idea what to say. I have read all the comments and the only thing I can say is that I am not blown away, as I have been just recently on first listen to Ohio Players :Fire , Night At the Opera.
Cannot put my finger on wether its the songs, the surround mix but something is just not gelling with me. Need a few more listens but my gut feeling is this is going on discogs for sale.

IMO, not on par with the STYX of old despite the positive comments!

It has taken me a few listens to warm up to this... obviously we ALL compare it to the Styx of old!!!! Even Tommy does not have his voice anymore, he sounds quite different...JY sounds more similar but he never had Tommy's range...
I think it's a GREAT disc, but I totally understand if it's Discogs time...all I can say is give STYX a chance (ouch, that was BAAAD!!)

It has taken me a few listens to warm up to this... obviously we ALL compare it to the Styx of old!!!! Even Tommy does not have his voice anymore, he sounds quite different...JY sounds more similar but he never had Tommy's range...
I think it's a GREAT disc, but I totally understand if it's Discogs time...all I can say is give STYX a chance (ouch, that was BAAAD!!)
I totally forgot I bought the vinyl version as well. Actually, bought it first...then they came out with the multi-channel. The vinyl sounds amazing too.

Back