Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this mix different than the DTS version?

I believe they are both the same Quad mix but sound a little different which I put down to the re-purposing of the the Quad to 5.1. The DTS seems a little clearer, brighter and crisper and for whatever reason a little bass shy (which of course was its primary complaint), the Qaud reel conversion seems a tad duller (not that it is actually dull, just in comparison to the DTS) with the bass a little more pronounced.

Now playing....

The Beatles - Abbey Road

1585761269971.png

Dolby Atmos Mix

Electrified Funk : Wild Cherry

🔌⚡🤪🍒

1977 SQ LP, ably decoded by the 21st century Surround Master 🥰

"i can hear the rumours
streets are going down
all i wanna know is
are you boogieing around on your daddy..."

😘😈

EEC8F4CA-2D37-43C2-B945-0B9EB539F485.jpeg

ps. despite it all, i'm truly in my happy place and have been all day. listening to the finest Quad music, so fuck you coronavirus ✌️

Johnny Winter - John Dawson Winter III (Quad 8 to DVDA-V)

View attachment 48398

Cleans up nicely for a formal portrait, doesn't he?

I remember the Jagger-Richards song Silver Bells came out on this record before it was heard by the Stones.
A band I was in covered it from hearing Johnny's version.

Silver bells is ringin'
Ringin' all around my house, ding, dong, oh, yeah

And I did not know her name
And I did not know her name
But I sure loved the way
That she laughed and took my money

Sony Japan needs to do a Jeff Beck Wired type quad SACD 7" replica of this.

Coming to grips with our cancelled Japan trip has me revisiting some of my greatest Japan used record store finds: #1

View attachment 48427 Isley Brothers 3 + 3

POLL

as i said to our good fellow Beefalo as regards the Frantic Ferry Five Point One, i'm motivated to pulling this Isley out and giving it a similarly good cranking in the hope 3+3 = 4.0 ⚡🔌🤤

Back