New Zealand members

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Timothy, good to know. I’m also looking for a receiver, if you hear of anything local for sale please let me know.
I bought this AVR at the beginning of the year but it was on special for $1,999! Marantz SR7013 4K AV Surround Receiver with HEOS and Alexa voice - Soundlab New Zealand Just shows to go how much of a mark-up there is on these things. I'd also check out these guys (I've bought speakers and cables from them in the past and they're helpful and friendly) Home - Rapallo New Zealand :: Home Theatre & Hifi | Design & Installation and Harvey Norman/JB Hi-fi/Noel Leeming. They often have sales and you may be able to snag a bargain.

Mr Emerson...
As you live in the Greater Wellington Area I can't help but wonder if you've had much problems with Vampires? Or Werewolves? Etc?
Ha! I've never actually seen the TV show or the original movie. The only nuisance around these parts at the moment are birds that start chirping around 4am. Earmuffs under the bed are a must this time of year.

I bought this AVR at the beginning of the year but it was on special for $1,999! Marantz SR7013 4K AV Surround Receiver with HEOS and Alexa voice - Soundlab New Zealand Just shows to go how much of a mark-up there is on these things. I'd also check out these guys (I've bought speakers and cables from them in the past and they're helpful and friendly) Home - Rapallo New Zealand :: Home Theatre & Hifi | Design & Installation and Harvey Norman/JB Hi-fi/Noel Leeming. They often have sales and you may be able to snag a bargain.
WOW!! That was a good buy!. Well done. However, I should have said I was looking for a vintage receiver, and I will update my original comment to clarify that. I have an old-ish Arcam surround sound system and a Quad (brand) stereo system I've owned for years, but having recently installed an 8 track player in a classic car, I'm looking now to put together a quadraphonic system. I'm that age I guess!!!

WOW!! That was a good buy!. Well done. However, I should have said I was looking for a vintage receiver, and I will update my original comment to clarify that. I have an old-ish Arcam surround sound system and a Quad (brand) stereo system I've owned for years, but having recently installed an 8 track player in a classic car, I'm looking now to put together a quadraphonic system. I'm that age I guess!!!
Nice! What car is the 8 track in? For old hardware, Trade Me's probably your best bet. I've sold hifi gear on there before and there are people who buy lots of old stuff on their. I'm pretty sure they sell on there too.

Lol the car was designed by DeLorean and was the first car without a chrome bumper (the nose cone is a rubber compound) and to have concealed wipers.
Deloreans rule too. I saw 2 of them at a local automotive outfit the other week. Rubber makes a good bumper. My dad has rubber overriders on his XC Falcon bumpers and when other cars have gotten too close over the years, it's their bumpers that come off second best!

Deloreans rule too. I saw 2 of them at a local automotive outfit the other week. Rubber makes a good bumper. My dad has rubber overriders on his XC Falcon bumpers and when other cars have gotten too close over the years, it's their bumpers that come off second best!
Never realised Kiwis used the word 'gotten'. Sounds very odd to a Brit!

Back