Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pic.
Assume it’s modern but looks so retro.
Listened in stereo cuz gave up on Tidal (it won’t succeed — too inept). Liked it until the vocals came in.
As much as I think it was ill-advised for Steven to sing entire verses in falsetto (many modern male pop melodies just hit a key note of falsetto here and there), I actually like the chorus singing less.

As much as I think it was ill-advised for Steven to sing entire verses in falsetto (many modern male pop melodies just hit a key note of falsetto here and there), I actually like the chorus singing less.

I only have hear this in 5.1 (not Atmos) in our second house. Waiting for end Summer to return to my Atmos Home Cinema.

As a long follower of Porcupine Tree & Steven Wilson I cannot stand the new Wilson style. I was under the impression that the Wilson voice was improving in recent years, but with the falsetto, it is a waste for me.

In any case, as a Surround Yonky, I'm starting to like electronic music and even what SW does recently, just for the pleasure of surround/Atmos moving sounds on the room.

I only have hear this in 5.1 (not Atmos) in our second house. Waiting for end Summer to return to my Atmos Home Cinema.

As a long follower of Porcupine Tree & Steven Wilson I cannot stand the new Wilson style. I was under the impression that the Wilson voice was improving in recent years, but with the falsetto, it is a waste for me.

In any case, as a Surround Yonky, I'm starting to like electronic music and even what SW does recently, just for the pleasure of surround/Atmos moving sounds on the room.
yonqui. ¡más que yonqui...drogadizo!!!! jajajajajota...

He utilizado esa misma expresión precisamente contestando a edisonbaggins porque él mismo la utilizó aplicándosela a él mismo en un video de su canal. :)
La verdad es que un poco yonquis somos todos los de este grupo :sneaky:
Let's go back to English before mods punish us. Or maybe we should create the Spanish Quad corner!

English please
¡Oído , cocina!!!!

Spain is SUCH a trip...the culture is chock full of made up phrases that even Hispanic American speakers would not understand...and Google translate would be useless ..BUT there are many websites that explain all of these made up phrases from Spain...

¡nos ha jodío...!!!

Max Cooper - Emergence

image.jpg

John Williams in Vienna...more front focused but good ambiance all around, with reflection, does feel as if you are in the audience
:51QQ

https://tidal.com/browse/album/152612859
Tracklist:
  1. The Flight To Neverland (From “Hook”)
  2. Excerpts (From “Close Encounters Of The Third Kind”)
  3. Devil’s Dance (From “The Witches of Eastwick”)
  4. Adventures On Earth (From “E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial”)
  5. Theme (From “Jurassic Park”)
  6. Dartmoor, 1912 (From “War Horse”)
  7. Suite (From “Jaws”)
  8. Marion’s Theme (From “Raiders Of The Lost Ark”)
  9. Main Title (From “Star Wars”)
  10. The Rebellion Is Reborn (From “Star Wars”)
  11. Luke & Leia (From “Star Wars”)
  12. Imperial March (From “Star Wars”)
  13. Raider’s March (From “Raiders Of The Lost Ark”)
Edit: Sooooooo I found that this was originally released as a blu ray with Atmos. Tidal got away easy on this one!!

"The limited Deluxe Edition “John Williams – Live in Vienna” is the only version that contains the unique concert experience on BluRay with additional 6 tracks. Including a breathtaking Dolby Atmos surround sound mix for the perfect concert experience at home (available as video and audio-only version) As a bonus: an interview by Anne-Sophie Mutter and John Williams from the Vienna Musikverein. The standard CD as well as BluRay disc is presented in a high-quality digipack in BluRay format with a noble gold foil look on the cover.

Last edited:
John Williams in Vienna...more front focused but good ambiance all around, with reflection, does feel as if you are in the audience
:51QQ

https://tidal.com/browse/album/152612859
Tracklist:
  1. The Flight To Neverland (From “Hook”)
  2. Excerpts (From “Close Encounters Of The Third Kind”)
  3. Devil’s Dance (From “The Witches of Eastwick”)
  4. Adventures On Earth (From “E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial”)
  5. Theme (From “Jurassic Park”)
  6. Dartmoor, 1912 (From “War Horse”)
  7. Suite (From “Jaws”)
  8. Marion’s Theme (From “Raiders Of The Lost Ark”)
  9. Main Title (From “Star Wars”)
  10. The Rebellion Is Reborn (From “Star Wars”)
  11. Luke & Leia (From “Star Wars”)
  12. Imperial March (From “Star Wars”)
  13. Raider’s March (From “Raiders Of The Lost Ark”)
Edit: Sooooooo I found that this was originally released as a blu ray with Atmos. Tidal got away easy on this one!!

"The limited Deluxe Edition “John Williams – Live in Vienna” is the only version that contains the unique concert experience on BluRay with additional 6 tracks. Including a breathtaking Dolby Atmos surround sound mix for the perfect concert experience at home (available as video and audio-only version) As a bonus: an interview by Anne-Sophie Mutter and John Williams from the Vienna Musikverein. The standard CD as well as BluRay disc is presented in a high-quality digipack in BluRay format with a noble gold foil look on the cover.

I listened to this today and I am very disapointed. Might as well just have been stereo and let the listener do an upmix with AVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back