Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the GREATEST BANG for my surround sound buck
1605493189787.png
The concert film featuring: the concert film with two 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound mixes (one natural, one discrete) and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio; the original Your Wilderness album in both 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound and 24/96 hi-res stereo audio; the previously exclusive and sold out 8 Years Later bonus material 24/96 hi-res stereo audio plus a previously unreleased 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound mix; an acoustic 5-track bonus album in 24/96 hi-res stereo audio and 24/96 DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround; a Where We Stood documentary film a making-of video for the single “In Exile”; Soord’s acoustic studio performance of “Tear You Up”; and the official videos for “In Exile” and “No Man’s Land”

POLL THREAD it's #1 on the LiS video!

g o t t l i v e ?
View attachment 59431 The Allman Brothers Band At Fillmore East

POLL
You know Clement, that's something I still need to do is compare this dts version with the BD version (or I just don't remember -LOL), should be interesting. I don't think the dts would be considered "High Definition" would it?

You know Clement, that's something I still need to do is compare this dts version with the BD version (or I just don't remember -LOL), should be interesting. I don't think the dts would be considered "High Definition" would it?

The DTS version, JP, in terms of discrete surround is absolutely TOPS although, sonically, DTS cannot compare to the LOSSLESS BD~A which unfortunately, is NOT discrete. If you can find a copy, I highly recommend the DTS version.

Last edited:
The DTS version, JP, in terms of discrete surround is absolutely TOPS although, sonically, DTS cannot compare to the LOSSLESS BD~A which unfortunately, is NOT dfiscrete. If you can find a copy, I highly recommend the DTS version.

Had it for ages, they used to be cheap (don't know what they go for now) I may actually have an extra copy.

Had it for ages, they used to be cheap (don't know what they go for now) I may actually have an extra copy.

DTS Entertainment released LIVE AT FILLMORE EAST in 2 versions: one was a 2 disc set in a RBCD case and then it was later re~released as a single DTS CD in a DVD~Audio case [I have BOTH versions]. I still prefer it over the ambient only BD~A and was chagrined when the DISCRETE DTS mix wasn't included in LOSSLESS surround. IMO, for 'completists' the DTS disc is worth seeking out.

The DTS version, JP, in terms of discrete surround is absolutely TOPS although, sonically, DTS cannot compare to the LOSSLESS BD~A which unfortunately, is NOT discrete. If you can find a copy, I highly recommend the DTS version.
Is there any difference between the 1 disc and 2 disc version of the DTS sonically or in discreteness? Or anything else?

Back