Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Genesis 5.1 DTS DVDV Doing a comparison between the SACD & DVD the DVD has the edge, the first 2 tracks of the SACD sound very harsh, the Sub is working better on the DVD as well.
GenesisF.jpg

Genesis 5.1 DTS DVDV Doing a comparison between the SACD & DVD the DVD has the edge, the first 2 tracks of the SACD sound very harsh, the Sub is working better on the DVD as well.
View attachment 59474
That doesn't surprise me one bit as the BASS, is completely AWESOME in the DVD-A of
Genesis -Trick Of The Tail - DVD-A 2 Disc Set - 5.1 Surround - Front Jewel Case.jpg

Well I received my box set yesterday and so this has been played through 6 times now....

In The Court Of The Crimson King - An Observation By King Crimson

1605737354639.png 1605737372610.png

in Atmos from The Complete 1969 Recordings

1605737460357.png 1605737777277.png

I like the new mix. There is a similar "softer" sound as the 2019 mix has and Wilson does move parts around the room and over head a good bit. I need to revisit the last mix to see if the guitars and flute parts rotated around the mix as much as they do this mix.

Well I received my box set yesterday and so this has been played through 6 times now....

In The Court Of The Crimson King - An Observation By King Crimson

View attachment 59484 View attachment 59485

in Atmos from The Complete 1969 Recordings

View attachment 59486 View attachment 59487A

I like the new mix. There is a similar "softer" sound as the 2019 mix has and Wilson does move parts around the room and over head a good bit. I need to revisit the last mix to see if the guitars and flute parts rotated around the mix as much as they do this mix.
Awaiting a final review and score ......IMPATIENTLY!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As the late Johnny Carson's [Heeerrreee's JOHNEEEE] house bandleader and trumpet player for years [and years], D~V's generous TWO~FER is a cross between Jazz and Easy Listening and the discrete sonics and exceptional remastering make it a high recommendation...and may even become a geriatric highlight for your Twilight Years!💫

81jcUCJZh6L._AC_SL1429_.jpg

Last edited:
Back