Ringo Starr - Zoom IN (New EP) in Dolby Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was interesting the recording room set up, looking like the 4 Atmos speakers as an afterthought with the stage rigging. They are also fairly close together the 4 speakers and close to the head.
I assume the mixing of the Atmos with this set up needs to be very pinpoint as to not have any bleed over when listening to the final mix? Otherwise it just becomes an immersive Atmos mix.

Hey, I know nothing about nothing, just a freindly observation.

I thought it was interesting the recording room set up, looking like the 4 Atmos speakers as an afterthought with the stage rigging. They are also fairly close together the 4 speakers and close to the head.
I assume the mixing of the Atmos with this set up needs to be very pinpoint as to not have any bleed over when listening to the final mix? Otherwise it just becomes an immersive Atmos mix.

Hey, I know nothing about nothing, just a freindly observation.
Why would you judge them to be close to the head? It looks like 8ft walls with vaulted ceiling and the height speakers inside the vault area, so they are greater than 8ft off the ground. A bit odder to me is the fact that the front heights fire straight down while the rear heights fire at an angle. And do you see any rear or side monitors?

Why would you judge them to be close to the head? It looks like 8ft walls with vaulted ceiling and the height speakers inside the vault area, so they are greater than 8ft off the ground. A bit odder to me is the fact that the front heights fire straight down while the rear heights fire at an angle. And do you see any rear or side monitors?
My personal Atmos speakers are 8' floor to ceiling. My understanding is that if building a room you would want minumum 10' ceiling. The soffit with canned lights is guranteed 8' ceiling, the rigging 1' inside that, makes rigging 9', speakers hand down 3" so from floor to ceiling your looking at 8'9".
I was not judging it was just an observation.

Geez, QQ seems to be getting highly critical these days, I am just tryin

My personal Atmos speakers are 8' floor to ceiling. My understanding is that if building a room you would want minumum 10' ceiling. The soffit with canned lights is guranteed 8' ceiling, the rigging 1' inside that, makes rigging 9', speakers hand down 3" so from floor to ceiling your looking at 8'9".
I was not judging it was just an observation.

Geez, QQ seems to be getting highly critical these days, I am just tryin
No not at all critical. I don't have Atmos (probably never will) and I know you just assembled your system. I was asking what you saw that made you say that. I didn't know there was a 10' recommendation. Sorry if it didn't come across that way.

No not at all critical. I don't have Atmos (probably never will) and I know you just assembled your system. I was asking what you saw that made you say that. I didn't know there was a 10' recommendation. Sorry if it didn't come across that way.
No worries, sometimes I can be too sensitive.

Really, this place HAS been getting too critical about many things. I guess it's because we've been stuck at home (or close) for almost a year and everyone is going nuts.

It's important to remember not to take out your frustration (and I am talking in general here, not being specific to this thread) on folks or companies on the internet that are just trying to get by. We're all going through something, some more than others, and it's important to remember that the guy you are responding to or the company you are complaining about is probably doing the very best that they can, given the circumstances.

Yup... Ringo QQ

RINGO PEACE BROTHER.jpg

Back