Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again third album not showing up as available in the USA.

Yeah I saw you had mentioned that before for another atmos title I mentioned I found on Tidal.

I'm in the USA so that's not the problem.

I'll admit I'm not using the Tidal app to find it but the below url is the Atmos version.

You can use the web link in a browser logged in to your Tidal account and then use 'open in web app' and the silly 'heart' icon to save it to your Tidal 'collection' that you can then see from the Tidal app you're using that can play Atmos tracks.

Live from Joshua Tree
RÜFÜS DU SOL
https://tidal.com/browse/album/189095646
Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. I don't mean to hijack the Apple thread with Tidal talk so I'll shut up if it's not helping :)

Last edited:
Anyone find a way to extract the music from the movpkg (HLS) files that download from Apple music?

It's possible with a lot of work but the files will still be encrypted with FairPlay Digital Rights Management.

Apple does a good job with file security, unlike Tidal.

Is the Apple music App the best way to find Atmos content (so-called spatial audio)? Is there a GUI on the 4K TV that makes the hunt any easier as I heard there is an improved remote? Are they the same? Thanks
My experience is hit and Miss both ways. There is a category for spatial music but there is also several albums/songs that are Atmos but not labeled as such until you play them. I guess until Apple really figures out and makes a real working Boolean search of Atmos, we’ll have to keep trying songs and sharing findings here.

Is the Apple music App the best way to find Atmos content (so-called spatial audio)? Is there a GUI on the 4K TV that makes the hunt any easier as I heard there is an improved remote? Are they the same? Thanks
And here is a good example using the Bob Marley Legend album. When you go to the album it doesn’t show Atmos but when you play it…it plays back in Atmos and shows Atmos on individual tracks…
image.jpg

image.jpg

Since finding tracks has been a pain...

Perhaps it's time to speak up.

Below is the link to Apple feedback. If you are in a developer program or AppleSeed, you can also submit feedback that way, but for everyone else, please let them know using the link below.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html
With 238 members in this thread all providing feedback, perhaps we can get some attention.

I'm specifically asking for the ability to search for atmos tracks using atmos or dolby atmos as search terms. Ideally, I'd like to have an atmos tagged smart group in my library so I can add atmos files on my Mac or Apple TV and have them show up everywhere I can play atmos content

Has anyone listened to Apple music on a android Walkman ? Apparently possible on the Sony NW- ZX500 series & the A100 series ? If so, would appreciate any feedback….thanks.

Looks like John Mayer’s new album, ”Sob Rock”, released this Friday is going to be entirely in Dolby Atmos.
I’ve been listening to the 4 tracks available for the last month, well 3 tracks were released a few years back.
Just put it on & immediately knew something was different & sure enough it is in Dolby Atmos !
John Mayer, is one of my very favourite artists & I was so excited about Friday, now I’m counting the seconds even more ! It sounds great ! So happy !!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• ADDB48B5-2422-4D51-8148-3E22D9356822.jpeg
    ADDB48B5-2422-4D51-8148-3E22D9356822.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back