Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do not update yet!!!! Let's see if we can get you going first, the newer versions have a bug for the Atmos.

[Edit: posted the reply below before seeing that Pup had said more or less the same thing.]

The thing is, I'm pretty sure you need tvOS 14.6 or higher to play Spatial Audio. (@popshop's new rig only has 14.4 out of the box.) The bug was introduced in the update from 14.7 to 15.0, as I recall.

Here are the instructions to upgrade.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202716

The thing is, I'm pretty sure you need tvOS 14.6 or higher to play Spatial Audio. (@popshop's new rig only has 14.4 out of the box.) The bug was introduced in the update from 14.7 to 15.0, as I recall.

Here are the instructions to upgrade.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202716
Yeah I was able to jump from like 14.4 or 5 and went to 14.7 and stayed there (no bug on 14.7.)

well the update is, I did update before I saw Pup's warning. It was still stereo and not showing the Dolby Atmos or Dolby Audio logos.
Then today I switched the settings on my AVR to be "straight decode" instead of "direct".
Now it works with no bug. Atmos streaming just fine.
Finding spatial audio stuff is easy and I like the remote.
:51QQ

well the update is, I did update before I saw Pup's warning. It was still stereo and not showing the Dolby Atmos or Dolby Audio logos.
Then today I switched the settings on my AVR to be "straight decode" instead of "direct".
Do you know what tvOS it updated to Ian?

I also keep a close eye on this other Atmos thread for any new titles to pop up; but if you post about a title, make sure to include a link or Pete might get a little surly :LB

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-now-in-dolby-atmos.28410/page-94#post-594808

It is interesting that many of the DV SACD releases are showing up on Apple Music in Dolby Audio, isn't it.
Yikes, maybe Michael Dutton should see about re-negotiating his contract (probably can't.) But I'd much rather have the MJD mastered SACD's, and will continue to support them, than the quasi-MP3 quality Apple streaming Atmos/Dolby Audio!

I appreciate the Apple service (mostly) but overall have not been that impressed with sound quality.

Yikes, maybe Michael Dutton should see about re-negotiating his contract (probably can't.) But I'd much rather have the MJD mastered SACD's, and will continue to support them, than the quasi-MP3 quality Apple streaming Atmos/Dolby Audio!

I appreciate the Apple service (mostly) but overall have not been that impressed with sound quality.

either Apple/Sony/whoever buggered up that Charlie Rich Dolby Audio Quad or it has triggered tinnitus i didn't know i had or i'm just hearing things.. its been a long day! 😂

Back