Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, the bug went away for me last week and (knock on wood) hasn’t reappeared.

Ooo--that's good to hear. I've managed to stick with 14.7, but the last time I logged on, I experienced terrible stuttering during playback of every album, Atmos or no, so I was thinking that might be Apple's way of telling me to update or else...

Last edited:
Dolby Atmos and hi res lossless and lossless are completely separate streams. It is showing what is available. The AppleTV 4K does not support hi res lossless so you won't see that there.
Can you clarify. What is the spec for hi res lossless and how does that differ from Apple Music/ Apple TV lossless?

Ooo--that's good to hear. I've managed to stick with 14.7, but the last time I logged on, I experienced terrible stuttering during playback of every album, Atmos or no, so I was thinking that might be Apple's way of telling me to update or else...

I would not update based on a few people saying they didn't notice the bug for a few days and it came back. Alive and well in my house today.

Can you clarify. What is the spec for hi res lossless and how does that differ from Apple Music/ Apple TV lossless?

Apple's "lossless" is 24/48 (the Apple TV currently resamples everything to that, so only "lossless" goes through untouched). Anything higher than that (24/96, 24/192) is "hi res lossless" which the AppleTV currently does not support.

I don’t why I’ve gotten lucky. So I do not endorse anyone upgrading just yet.

I am 90% sure I had auto update off. Experienced that right channel only issue today and noticed system was updated to 15.1.1. Is this possible, or am I just mistaken that I had turned off auto update?
One wrong move, and Bam! I notice that as soon as I turn mine on it's at the Update screen, and if you're not careful with the remote you just might hit it without even knowing. But you'd think you'd notice the update in progress; since I've never done it yet, I don't know what an update looks like in action?

Maybe you've got Kids, dog, cat, or wife that got on there when you weren't around?

One wrong move, and Bam! I notice that as soon as I turn mine on it's at the Update screen, and if you're not careful with the remote you just might hit it without even knowing. But you'd think you'd notice the update in progress; since I've never done it yet, I don't know what an update looks like in action?

Maybe you've got Kids, dog, cat, or wife that got on there when you weren't around?

It is so easy to accidently push the update button. I’ve been removing the power lead when I’m not around and having the remote somewhere stable before plugging it back in.

After the 1st track on the upcoming The Band‘s ‘ Cahoots 50th Anniversary appearing in Atmos a few weeks ego, I’ve noticed the first track from The Band’s second album ‘The Band’, ’Across The Great Divide’ is also in Atmos.
https://music.apple.com/us/album/across-the-great-divide/1440846597?i=1440846607The Bob Clearmountain 5.1 Mixes of the first three albums over the last three years have been incredible. They are in my most played list. This sounds very similar to the 5.1 mix on the Blu Ray, except now I can put it in a playlist as one of my favorite Band songs. Hopefully this means all first four albums might soon appear in Atmos. It would appear Cahoots at least will be. The box sets were very pricey.

Back