Van Halen Mobile Fidelity SACDs now available for pre-orders

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I agree as well. For me, it's more of an emotional response to having these on my shelf. Yes, an expensive response, but nonetheless....

Gene, did you decide to order directly from MoFi and be charged immediately or are you opting to 'take your chances' and order from their parent company MusicDirect and opt for free s/h [via fed ex] over $49 in purchases?

BTW, does MoFi [direct] offer free s/h? Cannot find any info on their website.

Anyone pre~order ELO's Eldorado ...another upcoming SACD Stereo title from MoFi? Shipping in Spring of 2022!

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been waiting for this to happen and I've pre-ordered all 6 SACDs now.

Hard Rock like Van Halen almost never gets any love from the SACD format, so it's an easy decision to pre-order and secure my copies. I suspect that MoFi may give these albums larger runs than usual, maybe 3,000-4,000 instead of the (standard?) 2,000, but I expect it will be all down to how many pre-orders they get. It may even end up that MoFi overestimate and copies of some or all albums have to be discounted to sell out, but I just don't want to take the chance that they will be conservative and copies will be gone the same month they are released.

I dont think MOFi listed this as " Limited " Limited limits the amount of copies to a set amount. Popular 'non limited ' MOFI SACDS / Gold Discs can have large runs and second - and third even ! - pressings

I would be interested in buying some of these, but I am not pre-ordering a product that probably won't be released until 2025 at the earliest

PInk Floyd Animals gun shy , eh ? Ill admit - MOFi has that tendency of taking preorders well, well in advance. That reminds me , didnt I order Eagles Desperado and ELO about 6 months ago ? Where the heck are they ? The Eagles was 'Fall 2021" expected ship date !!!

I dont think MOFi listed this as " Limited " Limited limits the amount of copies to a set amount. Popular 'non limited ' MOFI SACDS / Gold Discs can have large runs and second - and third even ! - pressings

My impression has been that if they want to create a real sense of urgency about it, they'll indicate on the back that it's a limited edition of 2000, 2500, or 3000. Then, if the advance orders and release sales warrant it, they'll informally do an extra run or two. If you look at their Mofi site, you'll see that some pretty old titles are still being re-stocked just recently. Also, they'll mark them as out of stock, or sold out. If they let you place an order, then they're at least planning on doing more.

Damn, if they aren't released until 2025 my card will have expired, so the joke will be on them.

I wouldn't be SO sure of that, Bill. I ordered the AP Stereo SACD remaster of Jimi Hendrix ARE YOU EXPERIENCED from Music Direct when they had one of their rare 20% off music sales [remember THOSE?] and lo and behold 2 years LATER after I forgot about it and ordered it from another vendor it shows up in the mail from MD .... Seems my card HAD expired but when I renewed it with the same #'s but different expiration dates, MD seized on it. So now I have 2 copies of ARE YOU EXPERIENCED ... too lazy to send it back.

I wouldn't be SO sure of that, Bill. I ordered the AP Stereo SACD remaster of Jimi Hendrix ARE YOU EXPERIENCED from Music Direct when they had one of their rare 20% off music sales [remember THOSE?] and lo and behold 2 years LATER after I forgot about it and ordered it from another vendor it shows up in the mail from MD .... Seems my card HAD expired but when I renewed it with the same #'s but different expiration dates, MD seized on it. So now I have 2 copies of ARE YOU EXPERIENCED ... too lazy to send it back.
Always good to have a 2nd copy on hand in case you have a STONER moment:alien::smokin:ROFLMAO:

Thanks, good to know. I will make sure I don't order a second set until I know the fate of the 1st order. I doubt I will forget that I have six VH sacds on order because I can't wait for them to get here. I'm usually pretty good remembering what I have on order. My problem is that after I have it, I forget I have it and order it again years later.
I think the longest I ever waited for a pre-order was 3+ years and that was for Roger Waters - Amused to Death.

BTW, I thought the SACD remaster came from Analog Sounds not MOFI.

Thanks, good to know. I will make sure I don't order a second set until I know the fate of the 1st order. I doubt I will forget that I have six VH sacds on order because I can't wait for them to get here. I'm usually pretty good remembering what I have on order. My problem is that after I have it, I forget I have it and order it again years later.
I think the longest I ever waited for a pre-order was 3+ years and that was for Roger Waters - Amused to Death.

BTW, I thought the SACD remaster came from Analog Sounds not MOFI.

It did come from AP but during one of Music Directs 20% off sales it was included so I bit. Now almost every SACD disc offered during one of Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct's [and for that matter Elusive Disc's] sales are INELIGIBLE FOR FURTHER DISCOUNTS. BUMMER!

Back