Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know why these new types of Apple Music links don’t work? I’m on an iPad.

The old style links connected directly with the Apple Music app on the IPad and I could immediately listen or add to my library. Now, when I press View in Apple Music nothing happens?
that's weird, they work ok on my iPhone 🤔
i'll try them on my iPad, one sec.🤞

edit: you're right! they don't work on an iPad!! 🤯😭

Is the Lumineers album playing in Atmos for anyone? I'm only getting stereo on my MacBook Pro.
I just checked, on my ATV4K, and like you, I am only getting stereo, for both the regular and deluxe edition version of the album -- their self-titled first album, that is. Pretty sure I have heard it in Atmos previously, so maybe it's a regional glitch? Their latest album Brightside is playing in Atmos, although the separately-packaged Brightside bonus tracks are stereo.

Anyone know why these new types of Apple Music links don’t work? I’m on an iPad.

The old style links connected directly with the Apple Music app on the IPad and I could immediately listen or add to my library. Now, when I press View in Apple Music nothing happens?
Same problem here with links on an iPad.

Some Atmos tracks added to my playlist this week :

Think this one may have been around for a while, but seems to be a new addition to the Glass Animals collection of tracks, which are usually really great mixes

The next three ain't subtle, but when you are seeking to test/demo your system then subtlety ain't what you are looking for:

One of the best mixes out of an iconic Aussie album.

Black Hole Baby by Superorganism Quite a wacky album and a mix that fits.

Tubthumping by Chumbawamba Bit of retro goodness.

https://music.apple.com/au/album/life-is-yours-apple-music-home-session/1632377063?i=1632377084- The orchestration element of their album picks are a surround treat.

https://music.apple.com/au/album/trinity/1624123331?i=1624124011- really looking forward to the full release of this album, a jazzy surround smorgasbord.

https://music.apple.com/au/album/gmt/1616174604?i=1616175110- I am loving what I am hearing on this album so far, and looking forward to the remaining tracks.

Thanks for all of the sleuthing, and sharing, @fredblue — amazing. Lots of work. Sincerely, thanks.

I wonder if others are also starting to feel spoilt for choice... for a long time I've listened to, and collected, pretty much whatever was available in various forms of surround because although it was a decent chunk of material (and plenty I haven't even gotten to yet), it was ultimately finite and I could at last somewhat keep my head wrapped around it—the artists that were participating, the genres, etc. That led me into some territory I probably wouldn't have gotten to otherwise, and that was always pretty thrilling.

What I'm feeling this morning I've felt to a degree before now but still ultimately ended up adding everything that has been shared here to a "Check It Out - Atmos" playlist in Apple Music... but today was the first time I fully tipped, realizing "wow... this is amazing... but I'll never have time to get to all of this (let alone everything else backed up in my queue), and in the meantime many more titles will be released..."; and that is both cause for rejoicing and also moving me into a new phase of how I consider at least streaming titles in Atmos/surround. The scarcity is going away, just like when any new format finally comes fully on line... and that's now changing my personal rule set for how I engage. There are titles and artists that I'm just kinda passing on... at least for now.

Are others feeling the same?

Yes. I love that all this has become available and it has led me to try artists and genres I may not have otherwise discovered. I hope it continues that way, but life is too short to waste time listening to stuff you just don’t like.

Musically im stuck in the old. I find yea i check out some of the "new" artist But prefer the 60s-90s . And ill never have time to listen learn enjoy these newer artists/bands.
Im so far behind in keeping up with it all and Apple is really f*cking up the service lately with removing tracks n marking Everything as Atmos

Back