Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh Wilbur mixed Megadeth:
And Volbeat:
Super album this Megadeth, I only have two songs left to go and all that I have heard I will give the Atmos mix a 9. Mustaines vocals always seem a little recessed however?
I purchased the 24bit stereo for the car will listen today, Oh, I also got the Japanese release with Japan only track.

Earth, Wind & Fire - These sound great, nice mixes! :cool:🕺💃

September
Tidal - 360RA - https://tidal.com/browse/album/246168139

Let's Groove
Tidal - 360RA - https://tidal.com/browse/album/246168130
WOW... ZERS!!! 🤯😱❤️ these are f-in' fantastic!!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩 just had my Brother over and played him the latest Atmos stuff on Apple including Earth, Wind & Fire and he was so knocked out he said "i'm getting this now!! i want this setup in my place now!!!" 🍾🥰

oh and ps. he doesn't even like Earth, Wind & Fire, or Surround Music that much..!! 🤯😱🤯😱🤯😱

Some of these are very disappointing, especially the songs that have an existing 5.1 mix. (Carly Simon for example). Why didn’t they start with those instead of making them sound like 6 channel stereo?

Some of these are very disappointing, especially the songs that have an existing 5.1 mix. (Carly Simon for example). Why didn’t they start with those instead of making them sound like 6 channel stereo?
I'm not sure what's going on at WEA, nearly all their one-off Atmos singles sound like upmixes from stereo rather than genuine remixes.

@sjcorne WEA is the new CMV… :cool:
CED99275-1490-4281-9271-AC0926D2EAEF.jpeg

Fred is in the UK, I believe, so he is running off the UK Apple Music "Store" versus you being in the US. Those in the US can't access links that are geographically locked. The album is not currently available, outside the first track, in the US in Atmos.
The Very Best Of INXS is now showing as Atmos in the US store.
Of course I had just gone to the trouble of setting up a trial Apple Music subscription in the AU store so I could listen to it. I was five songs in on the Apple TV when I noticed, on my phone, that it had appeared in Atmos in the US. Enjoy.

Of course I had just gone to the trouble of setting up a trial Apple Music subscription in the AU store so I could listen to it. I was five songs in on the Apple TV when I noticed, on my phone, that it had appeared in Atmos in the US. Enjoy.
I won’t comment on the mix yet as I’m still taking it in. In 5.1 it sounds fine. It was weird, but Track 14 ‘Elegantly Wasted’ is listed in the US as ‘Elegantly Wasted (radio edit)’ and would not play. It skipped over initially and nothing would make it respond. It was greyed out on all my various devices with Apple Music. I went back to the Australian version where the track is correctly listed as ‘Elegantly Wasted’ and it played fine.

Back in the US and after reading various Apple Music help notes, it basically says go and find another version. Lo and behold, the same track from the ‘Elegantly Wasted‘ album with the right description was in Dolby Atmos. I made a playlist and substituted this version in the running order. Then completely carried away I changed the artwork and album title in the tracks info description. It’s all showing fine in the playlist but is still wrong in the published version. A pity! I've probably only heard it a few times before and it’s a great track.

Clearly, the description on the US store is wrong and the database description probably can’t find the correct track on the server. Hopefully, someone (sounds like the wife) fixes it soon.

Thanks for the heads up! Finally up on US Tidal as well. Must have taken a long time to ship those Atmos tracks from Australia...

Back