Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I never thought I'd see PSBs in surround! No remix credit unfortunately.
Nice! Hope there’s more to come.
Am I right in saying songs used in films often pop up first as Atmos, since they’ve already been mixed that way?

If I had mixed this I would have stayed anonymous too. :-( This doesn't sound good. Upmix? Less dynamics and no sonic upgrade compared to the stereo remaster. What's the point?
Sounds like Apple have got some of these form old torrents or something.
Really the only good Atmos mixes come from albums that have already been mixed for bluray or sacd like Yellow Point or Mr Big Lean Into It.

If I had mixed this I would have stayed anonymous too. :-( This doesn't sound good. Upmix? Less dynamics and no sonic upgrade compared to the stereo remaster. What's the point?
you're so right! playing it right now and wow what a disappointment, its so Centre Front-heavy.. i imagine you'd get a way more satisfying Surround effect running the original through a Surround Master, PLII or whatever.. 🙁

you're so right! playing it right now and wow what a disappointment, its so Centre Front-heavy.. i imagine you'd get a way more satisfying Surround effect running the original through a Surround Master, PLII or whatever.. 🙁
I skipped them. Had another pint and enjoyed some nice Atmos from Alicia Keys and Halsey instead. Calmed my disappointment. But I really hope we can get some proper atmos from PSB. Saw/heard them live this summer. Great experience. Some really cool percussion heavy version of their hits. They don't strike me as the types not doing things properly so this is just odd.

Back