SACD's Survival

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SACD..the format I LOOVE...to hate!!!!!
Oh, KAP .....STOP BEING SO DRAMATIC!

See the source image

SACD..the format I LOOVE...to hate!!!!!
honestly idk what all the witterings been about, if its the copy protection BS, some of us were capturing 5.1 from them 😅 (albeit laserdrops in real-time 😴 ) to make backups 15 years ago.. and if its the ultrasonic guff that's an issue, that should all be filtered out and nobody but Mrs. Slocombe's Pussy could hear it anyway! 🐶😹

Too many incompatible formats!!! That's half of what killed quadraphonics.

(The other half of the cause is that marketing people misread the market and thought quadraphonics would be a big seller after many musicians bought 4-channel reel recorders to use as 4-track multitracks in home studios.)

What I want are CDs or LPs encoded in QS or DS.

I would assume that there would be a good percentage of new releases with NEW content but as I was discussing on Steve Hoffman forums earlier today and doing a bit of research I went ahead and counted the number of SACD releases with new material from 2022 and 2021.

7 total.

• Feel Like Making LIVE! - Bob James Trio
  • Home - Jan Gunnar Hoff
  • Beatitudes for a Wounded World - THVAYHUN
  • Higher - Patricia Barber
  • Heavenly Voices - Fiona Joy Hawkins & Rebecca Daniel
  • Clique - Patricia Barber
  • The Golden Bonana - Mr. Afternoon
All multichannel, but 7 albums with new material on SACD on the past 2 years is abysmal, considering there has been more than 500 SACD releases last year and this year.

Record companies, if you're wondering why the youth isn't buying audiophile formats, try releasing NEW MUSIC on them!
Really? I do not know how you found this but I believe you are ignoring classical content.

7? There have been hundreds of releases on SACD in each of the past couple of years. It's just the vast majority of them are classical.

Indeed, and nothing thrills me more. SACD is by far my favorite format, as 90% of what I listen to is classical, jazz and blues. SACD continues to thrive, it's just that some don't see it because they don't pay attention to those genres.

Too many incompatible formats!!! That's half of what killed quadraphonics.

(The other half of the cause is that marketing people misread the market and thought quadraphonics would be a big seller after many musicians bought 4-channel reel recorders to use as 4-track multitracks in home studios.)

What I want are CDs or LPs encoded in QS or DS.
Multiple formats did not kill Quad!!! Only an industry that gave up on Quad much, much too quickly! We did not however need DS when QS and SQ were available!

As for multiple disc formats that too is an non issue. Get yourself a universal player. they are not at all expensive on the used market. Playback is seamless, why settle for matrix when discrete is readily and cheaply available!

Back