Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/10/people-saying-fall-leaves-ontario-extra-breathtaking-this-year/
20221018-fall-leaves-ontario.jpg

Hey @J. PUPSTER !
Did ya feel the earthquake today? Or was that too far south of you?

Good thing it was only a 5.1 instead of 7.1 or....
Felt nothing here in Sac. Town except for the woopin' the Warriors gave the Kings the other night ( :( when will it ever end -ugh!)

Weird though, just watched the new Quantum Leap show, about the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake last night.

Might want to check with @edisonbaggins though?

Since this is a random thread, we finally got some very much needed rain here in central IL. Actually, nearly 2 inches since 4am last night. Why does it matter? With all the high winds, super low humidity and crispy dry corn and bean fields, there have been a mega increase in field fires the last 10 days. I mean, it's been nuts. Fires do not just start because of dryness and wind. There has to be an ignitor. Don't get me started on folks who toss their butts out the window during these times. Ughhhhhhhhh

Since this is a random thread, we finally got some very much needed rain here in central IL. Actually, nearly 2 inches since 4am last night. Why does it matter? With all the high winds, super low humidity and crispy dry corn and bean fields, there have been a mega increase in field fires the last 10 days. I mean, it's been nuts. Fires do not just start because of dryness and wind. There has to be an ignitor. Don't get me started on folks who toss their butts out the window during these times. Ughhhhhhhhh
I understand that drought is adversely affecting navigation on the Mississippi River. Not good.

gorgeous pictures !! Thanks ----Illinois???? wow
I've been there a zillion times as it's super dramatic where the lanscape changes from typical farm ground just east of Harrisburg on route 13 to the Shawnee and within, Garden of the Gods. I used to run a satellite (drove from central IL nearly every 2 weeks) soybean breeding program out of Harrisburg from 1990-2008 or so. I'd often get rained out from the fields, so I'd go a few miles south into the Shawnee and explore.

Back