Dutton Vocalion November 2022 Quad SACDs - Mac Davis, Ted Nugent, REO Speedwagon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only one Ted Nugent Quad saw release in the 70's, so i'm not sure what else they could do
I know that I once had that album but can't find it. As I recall it wasn't all that great so perhaps I traded it off long ago. I will keep my eyes out for it even though the point is now rather moot with the DV becoming available.

The R.E.O. album also is not one of my favourites but the only one available in Quad, pity! I would love to hear the other albums in Quad in particular "Tuna Fish".

R.E.O. Speedwagon played here several years ago along with Starship.

I saw Ted Nugent in Winnipeg in the early eighties as well.

My wallet's gettin' hit by a Mac Truck; with DV havin' a Free For All with my mooooolahhh and This Time They Mean It 😋

A GOS Four-fer Stranglehold!

DV NOV 1st FOUR FER.jpg

Not totally blown away by D-V’s recent batches, but happy to contribute and order the REO and Nugent.

For those bummed that Free For All is the only Nugent in quad, ask yourself where else you can buy a hires quad release of a classic 70s hard rock album for under $15USD? The answer? Nowhere.
Well this $15 becomes about $41 before it's in my hand, so not exactly cheap for one quad. I will have to pay VAT on the disc and the postage and a handling fee on top of that. :confused:

Great, another total pass on these titles. Not my preference. DV can do better. Where are the Paul Simon Quad mixes?
Paul won't allow them to be released. I believe he has full rights to those masters. His Columbia albums were all re-released, in stereo, on Warner Brothers. I'm not holding my breath for any of those.

Well this $15 becomes about $41 before it's in my hand, so not exactly cheap for one quad. I will have to pay VAT on the disc and the postage and a handling fee on top of that. :confused:
fair enough, you've made your decision as a consumer by simply not buying it and you've justified your reasons for doing so 🙂 shall we move on? 🙂👍

I'm so freaking proud, that DV is offering my hometown boys in Quad. REO being a Champaign/Urbana, Illinois native band....well, you know. Can't wait to see that disc on my shelf! What a treat... :)

Love me some REO. They were huge here in the Grand Rapids, Mi. I grew up on them. That said, this release is of the Michael Murphy era of REO --sans Kevin Cronin who had quit the band ( and came back after Ridin The Storm Out album ). The Murphy era was less popular. Seems like they were going for a sorta CSN feel. A 'different' kind of REO. I dont mind it as I like all REO but these 2 albums were down on the list of popular spins. I will order. Its REO and its Quad

it seems like every new DV batch that comes along is denounced for not having Paul F-ing Simon included! 😂

do we "all" want those Paul Simon Quads? of course! 🥳

is it happening anytime soon? doubtful! 😅

MFSL managed to secure licensing on some seriously top-tier titles over the years and i think this has maybe resulted in unrealistic expectations of what can be achieved by other labels?

trouble checking out on DV. I keep getting this. any hints or suggestions ?

Error processing transaction​

This transaction attempt has failed. We are unable to redirect you back to the web store from which you were purchasing. The details of the failure are given below.
Status Detail:5080 : Form transaction registration failed.

i do hope people can acknowledge that additional overhead such as VAT and increased international shipping, etc are factors beyond DV's control?

there's lots of Surround releases i'd like to buy from other countries but with increased import duty, international shipping costs currently higher than ever and the poor exchange rate, its pretty much impossible at this point in time.

two wrongs don't make a right and i'm not going to delve into Politics etc but the stark reality is this is where things are at right now.

This transaction attempt has failed. We are unable to redirect you back to the web store from which you were purchasing. The details of the failure are given below.
no idea sorry but drop them an email and they'll resolve it for you i'm sure 🙂

SEE my PM to you, Ricky!

Back