Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the ripped Brian Eno. Definately sounds better than the streamed version, thicker and fuller.
R-24829553-1667069130-2116.jpg

(2022) John Mellencamp - Scarecrow

View attachment 85089
Listening to my ripped BD of Scarecrow in Atmos. I just love this maybe my favorite of the year so far.
Not strong at all in the world of surround, but I grew up on this and to hear a couple thing differently and in an immersive envelope, I just love it.

Listening to my ripped BD of Scarecrow in Atmos. I just love this maybe my favorite of the year so far.
Not strong at all in the world of surround, but I grew up on this and to hear a couple thing differently and in an immersive envelope, I just love it.
My copy left Germany on Nov 6th, arrived at O'hare that evening. It hasn't been released yet, but I assume it'll be here in a day or 2.

Nice simple box set, I am sure you will like being practically his neighbor. How far is Gary-Indiana from you?
Mellenballs is actually from Seymour. A very small town, south of Indianapolis. So, it's maybe 2 hours and 20 minutes east of me. I've been there, a very cool, little touristy (in a sort of red-neck way) town. lol

I’ve only played the Atmos tracks one time. Have you noticed any of them being clipped at the beginning of the song? I remember hearing it on a couple but cannot remember which ones.

I’ve only played the Atmos tracks one time. Have you noticed any of them being clipped at the beginning of the song? I remember hearing it on a couple but cannot remember which ones.
Yes, if memory serves me well, maybe before and after, just very tiny clip, it is like your listening and bam it starts, like too fast.

I've been playing with listening in Atmos on my Apple TV (MP7P2LL/A 4k 5th Gen 64GB) and it's amazing - feels like another quad era of mainstream releases, only all for one subscription and discrete. Kind of amazing.

That said, I keep having a problem where audio takes a few seconds to get started when I select a track. Problem doesn't happen if continuing from the previous track. Any fixes?

I've been playing with listening in Atmos on my Apple TV (MP7P2LL/A 4k 5th Gen 64GB) and it's amazing - feels like another quad era of mainstream releases, only all for one subscription and discrete. Kind of amazing.

That said, I keep having a problem where audio takes a few seconds to get started when I select a track. Problem doesn't happen if continuing from the previous track. Any fixes?
Not really. You can make sure your tvOS is updated to the latest version--and/or you can enroll your device in the beta program, which like any beta program comes with modest risks. I've done both, and I still get that glitch, which is more noticeable on some tracks than others. (Opening tracks with a second or so of silence built in at the start aren't so audibly susceptible.) Annoying to have to navigate down into the progress bar and back up, though.

That's so weird, I've been hearing about that problem, mostly from @Bob Romano, but I don't believe I've ever experienced it.

Are you on Wi-Fi maybe?

Sometimes an easy fix is hit the back button and when music track starts again it won’t be clipped off.

As a general comment, I need to be convinced to go to music streaming, esp. Apple. That said, I'm loving the Dolby Atmos that
is now available on the popular tv/movie sites, you know the ones. I can see being sucked into that music-streaming world,
yet that would be another fee or three. Grr. This all needs to be bundled more. There, I said it.

But I'm a physical guy (sorry, Madonna). Currently, apart from the very unexpected but welcome Eno release, I'm catching up
on other things. For Saturday night, ABBEY ROAD, baby (until I get EJ's GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK road on blu ray). Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back