Iggy and The Stooges - Raw Power Dolby Atmos Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sashaaa

Just noticed that there hasn't been any discussion on this classic title yet. From what I can tell, this is a very discrete (almost quad like) mix on my 5.1 system. Thoughts?

Tidal: https://tidal.com/browse/album/275975653
Apple Music:

Oh and just a note, both the "bowie mix" and "iggy mix" atmos mixes on tidal and apple music are actually the same mix, just duplicated.

Just noticed that there hasn't been any discussion on this classic title yet.
That's because he's the world's forgotten boy.

I don't have Atmos and probably won't unless/until a mountain of money falls on my head, but this title is really making me have impure thoughts about actually giving Apple money.

Pearl Jam Ten did similar for me when it came out. I pulled the trigger and have had no regrets. :giggle:
That album is actually one of my fondest memories with Atmos. I hadn't heard it before (even though I had been meaning to for ages) so I decided to put it on in Atmos on my 5.1 system. Not only did the music blow me away but the mix is really awesome too. Now it's one of my favorite albums even outside of surround sound!

I'm a huge Stooges fan and enjoyed the 5.1 mixes on the Extended Play DVDA.

Admittedly, I never loved the "remix" Iggy did of Raw Power, but this Atmos mix is good. I think any Stooges fan will appreciate it.
Psst. It wasn't mentioned in this thread, but Iggy's mix featured a remaster this year that averted the clipping distortion of it's 1997 release! It's the first time that mix has been remastered since then in digital form!

Back