Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For this forum: Broadsword 2023 - Grip the reins of Tull history. Extras
Motoreyes & Rhythm In Gold both 1988 remix with flute overdub. A variety of first and second masters. 1981 master mixes. Early 1982 rough mixes. Demo Recording session Maison Rouge Studios Dec.15, 1981.

...and then there's tons of quad with one of your favourite Tull tunes, I'm sure.

1hour:49min on the Steven Wilson 4.1, this DVD would sell really well alone. A 1982 Tull treasure in any form.

Broadsword 2023 live cheers

You are a natural born hype man! I was already excited about this release with just the stuff I knew would be on it!

Anderson doesn’t own CD player, a turntable or a 5.1 surround system.

When asked how he feels about Steven Wilson’s 5.1 surround mixes of Jethro Tull's classic albums, Anderson dropped an interesting tidbit: his main form of music consumption is digital audio files with headphones on.

“The ones that Steven has done, I have heard because I’ve been to his studio to hear the 5.1 surround mixes, but because of the pandemic and COVID I didn’t go to visit," he says. "Jakko Jakszyk did the 5.1 surround of The Zealot Gene, and although I’ve received my copies of it, I have no means to play it. I don’t have a CD player because they no longer put CD players in Apple computers, and I don’t have a record player, and I don’t have a 5.1 surround system. So I’m afraid for me it’s just a mystery. But I trust that Jakko did a good job. If he didn’t, someone will probably tell me and follow by telling him, but I don’t know. I don’t do 5.1 surround. It’s just too many speakers. If I spent maybe a quarter of a million dollars on a control room with great speakers and great state-of-the-art systems, then it would be a joy to listen to, and other people’s music, too, I suppose. But I have better things to do with my money than build an elaborate control room system, especially when it’s employing technology that will be outmoded within two or three years. Right now, you’d have to go further than that and put in Dolby Atmos with 11 or 12 channels; it’s just become mind-bogglingly complicated. I’m not a big music listener anyway, so when would I ever go and listen to anything? That’s just not going to happen. If I listen to music, on the rare occasions I do, I’m listening to digital audio files with headphones on.”

Steven Wilson's recently completed remixes for The Broadsword and the Beast will be released as part of the “most elaborate box set ever.”

“Steven Wilson finished all the audio on The Broadsword and the Beast some many months ago," Anderson reveals. "All the album artwork and the booklets and the extras, a vast amount of material, both audio and in terms of information and text materials, are done — it’s the most elaborate box set ever by a long way. It’s to be released in July of 2022 and that for now is the project I suppose that’s the focus of attention at Warner Music. Tim Chacksfield is the main man behind these catalog rereleases. I guess we’ll be talking in the months to come. What should we do next? Whether or not Steven Wilson wants to do any more, I don’t know. He’s really a fan of the Jethro Tull of the ’70s because he was a young guy then. Before he became a musician, I think his era of Jethro Tull music, being a fan, that’s really encapsulated within the 1970s. So he was stretching it a bit to do Broadsword and the Beast, and I’m not sure that he’ll want to do any more beyond there, but we’ll see. He’ll certainly be welcome if he decides he wants to.”
https://www.goldminemag.com/intervi...gs-we-learned-from-our-ian-anderson-interview

I didn’t realize today is the anniversary of one of the best moments in Grammy history.

What happened the night Jethro Tull beat Metallica to a Grammy Award

I do hope we get Crest of a Knave in surround one day.
Alice Cooper: Backstage afterwards, Lita said she thought I was pulling a gag. I had to show her the card. Everybody backstage was laughing. It was the funniest thing that had happened all night. I said to the guys in Metallica: “You know, if you got a little heavier you could be up there with Jethro Tull.”

I didn’t realize today is the anniversary of one of the best moments in Grammy history.

What happened the night Jethro Tull beat Metallica to a Grammy Award

I do hope we get Crest of a Knave in surround one day.

66 Most Important Moments in Metal History​

64. Jethro Tull Beat Out Metallica for a Grammy​

1988 was the year that the Grammys were finally recognizing hard rock and metal. But those two subgenres cover a lot of ground, and this allowed the Grammy voters to draw from a wide pool of potential releases. One of whom didn’t really fit in either. By 1988, Metallica had emerged as the bright young stars of the metal genre and their ‘...And Justice for All’ album launched them from theaters to arenas, so it came as no surprise when the group was nominated for the honor. But their competition was quite eclectic. Hard rock vets AC/DC gave the category some veteran credibility with ‘Blow Up Your Video,’ punk icon Iggy Pop got a nod for the song “Cold Metal,” Jane’s Addiction generated some excitement as the rising up-and-comers with their standout ‘Nothing’s Shocking’ album and the final nominee was the revitalized classic rock outfit Jethro Tull with their ‘Crest of a Knave’ album. Given that the category had been created as a way to shine a spotlight on metal, many assumed that Metallica, the clearest representation of a metal band and a group widely praised for their new album, would be the winner… but we all know how that went. Proving their cluelessness about the genre, the Academy voted for Jethro Tull, for an album that doesn’t even hold up well against their own discography, much less against Metallica’s ‘Justice.’ It was such a surprise that the band’s label told the members not to attend the ceremony because they weren’t likely to win. The victory became a punchline about Grammy voting for years, with Metallica adding “Grammy Award Losers” stickers to their ‘...And Justice for All’ album. The following year, perhaps as a result of the outcry, Best Metal Performance finally became its own category. Metallica would win the next three years. After their win in 1992, Lars Ulrich thanked Jethro Tull for not putting out an album that year. (CC)

scroll down:
https://loudwire.com/alissa-white-gluz-peta-ad-mermaid-fish-arch-enemy/

As an unapologetic fan of Knave... ouch.

In agreement about the “cluelessness” part, though.
Of course, I will push for 5.1.

One of my favourite singles: :)
TULLCD 4
[IMG]

Heavy metal
[IMG]

Of course, I will push for 5.1.
Many (many) thanks.

The 20 Years box set was one of the first box sets I bought in the CD era and what I loved about it was the inclusion of songs like Down At The End Of Your Road and Too Many Too. We were gifted with all sorts of rare stuff. (Rare to me at least.)

I’m hoping if we do get a bookset, the Upper Darby show will be included. Always loved the version of Living in the Past from that show. (Good excuse to crank that one up right now.) I do have the full show, but it’s not quite as clean as the two songs that were included with 20 Years.

Friday enigmatic news from beyond Tull Central. It's only meeeeeeeeeeeeee. :smokin

4.1 - Close list, but not complete: I have not compared.
https://www.wolfgangs.com/music/jethro-tull/audio/20050929-3300.html?tid=25260
https://guestpectacular.com/artists/jethro-tull/events/73458/song/the-swirling-pitThe Swirling Pit (Dave Pegg cover) by Jethro Tull was played in 65 out of 1916 shows, with a probability of 3.39% to listen to it live

Cheers to Tull fans - Tull quad is good for your soul.

Talk in confidential terms, share a dark unspoken fear.
Refill the cup and drink it up.
Say goodnight and wish good luck.
:smokin:smokin:smokin:smokin

The Swirling Pit (Dave Pegg cover) by Jethro Tull, also studio 5.1. Trying to find another 3 5.1 titles on-line before naming them. Nice little tunes.
♾️

Back