Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@DuncanS and @fredblue are busy getting things polished up for tomorrow's coronation. Now we know what they did with their gold CD collections. They have been practicing their technique by working on the golden statue of Prince Albert that sits across the street from the RAH. They tried to get @beerking involved but he was too busy down at the local pub, enjoying a couple three libations and listening to the Flying Burrito Brothers's "The Gilded Palace Of Sin."

Rumor has it that The Knack will be performing a retooling of their hit: "Muh-muh-muh-my Camilla!"

Be careful with that sword Eugene!View attachment 91208View attachment 91209View attachment 91211View attachment 91212View attachment 91213View attachment 91214View attachment 91215View attachment 91218View attachment 91216View attachment 91217
As its a 3-4hr drive to Buck Palace, I'm instead heading down to the local hostelry to test that the Coronation Ale is in fine fettle for tomorrow's royal bash, I will make sure each subsequent 🍻 is of the same quality as the first 🍺

@DuncanS and @fredblue are busy getting things polished up for tomorrow's coronation. Now we know what they did with their gold CD collections. They have been practicing their technique by working on the golden statue of Prince Albert that sits across the street from the RAH. They tried to get @beerking involved but he was too busy down at the local pub, enjoying a couple three libations and listening to the Flying Burrito Brothers's "The Gilded Palace Of Sin."

Rumor has it that The Knack will be performing a retooling of their hit: "Muh-muh-muh-my Camilla!"

Be careful with that sword Eugene!View attachment 91208View attachment 91209View attachment 91211View attachment 91212View attachment 91213View attachment 91214View attachment 91215View attachment 91218View attachment 91216View attachment 91217
South Africa called they want their diamonds back. South Africans call for UK to return diamonds set in crown jewels | CNN

I personally hate online shopping and what it's done to my shopping habits. I don't trust reviews and can no longer demo a lot of products before purchasing.
Most unfortunately, Jack, it's a reality we have to deal with. But I don't recall in recent memory a record store which allowed one to sample discs as that has LONG been a thing of the past. The one plus.....online vendor's prices usually beat the pants off local retailers and have pretty great return policies [most especially Amazon] if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

Most unfortunately, Jack, it's a reality we have to deal with. But I don't recall in recent memory a record store which allowed one to sample discs as that has LONG been a thing of the past. The one plus.....online vendor's prices usually beat the pants off local retailers and have pretty great return policies [most especially Amazon] if you are not satisfied with your purchase.
I remember back when local retailers were members of the community and viewed as neighbors and trusted friends. I also remember browsing in bookstores and happening upon wonderful books and authors that I had not previously heard of. And then there were the record stores with friendly and knowledgeable people who knew your taste in music and would turn you on to new artists and records. And, finally, then came Amazon who kept a database file on you and used AI to sell you more stuff. And then you looked around and all those beloved Mom and Pop stores were gone.

I remember back when local retailers were members of the community and viewed as neighbors and trusted friends. I also remember browsing in bookstores and happening upon wonderful books and authors that I had not previously heard of. And then there were the record stores with friendly and knowledgeable people who knew your taste in music and would turn you on to new artists and records. And, finally, then came Amazon who kept a database file on you and used AI to sell you more stuff. And then you looked around and all those beloved Mom and Pop stores were gone.
Yes, those were the days but living in New York not all the local record store employees were all that amiable nor knowledgeable! As a rambunctious kid I used to patrronize the local BAND STAND Record store which sold those 45 RPMs for a buck [and on sale 2 for a buck] and the really cool dude who ran the shop and perpetually wore 'shades' 😎 always played albums on request ...... but I don't recall those local Tower Records stores being that 'cool!'

The last record store in our little village who sold used vinyl and CDs [and a scant few SACDs ...almost by default] was wonderful but didn't last long as the local rents skyrocketed and put them out of business........

Face it .....this is the age of online retailers and Artificial Intelligence ..........

Signed,

Mr Roboto

And then there's this aspect to tomorrows coronation:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ar-reworks-god-save-the-queen-rhymes-for-king
I look forward to hearing the new version. I'm sure it will be on YT or elsewhere. My favorite line in the article is where Matlock describes himself as " passionately ambivalent " about the monarchy.
And the lovely Queen 'Consort' has now been bumped up to QUEEN!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/did-camilla-parker-bowles-end-101405301.html

And the lovely Queen 'Consort' has now been bumped up to QUEEN!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/did-camilla-parker-bowles-end-101405301.html
And to this day myself and many, many others minds are boggled at why Charles traded Diana for Camilla. Now actually, I'm not that much of a Royal Watcher. I have no idea who initiated the divorce proceedings. And according to your article Diana had some "dalliances" while still married.

To paraphrase Klaatu:
As facts are few and far between
Hypothesis defies all logic
As to what precisely led to their demise

Yes, those were the days but living in New York not all the local record store employees were all that amiable nor knowledgeable! As a rambunctious kid I used to patrronize the local BAND STAND Record store which sold those 45 RPMs for a buck [and on sale 2 for a buck] and the really cool dude who ran the shop and perpetually wore 'shades' 😎 always played albums on request ...... but I don't recall those local Tower Records stores being that 'cool!'

The last record store in our little village who sold used vinyl and CDs [and a scant few SACDs ...almost by default] was wonderful but didn't last long as the local rents skyrocketed and put them out of business........

Face it .....this is the age of online retailers and Artificial Intelligence ..........

Signed,

Mr Roboto

domo arigato

Last edited:
And to this day myself and many, many others minds are boggled at why Charles traded Diana for Camilla. Now actually, I'm not that much of a Royal Watcher. I have no idea who initiated the divorce proceedings. And according to your article Diana had some "dalliances" while still married.

To paraphrase Klaatu:

Last edited:

Signed,

Mr Roboto
You're not wrong Ralphie, except for the fact that Tower Records was not a Mom and Pop store. More like an impersonal Borders bookstore and the last hurrah before Bezos took over. Sadly, I get most of my stuff online just like everybody else.

The ancient coronation chair, vandalised by naughty choirboys :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20230506_090352_BBC News.jpg

Screenshot_20230506_085947_BBC News.jpg

To paraphrase Klaatu:

What I don't understand is why Netflix is making next season of The Crown the last one. I mean, the royal family provides an endless flow of material.

Back