Rush "Signals" Dolby Atmos Mix! (Box Set Out in April!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you play the Atmos track on a non Atmos setup, it will fold down to the core True HD in 7.1.
yup. Our setup says it will too. Problem with ours is we have 5 speakers, so that version folded down even more reminds me of the exorcist playing in the back-ground. 🙃
:p We've been at this 5.1 thing since the 80's, since dolby surround started and then a bit later DTS showed. Lots of stuff in here~ It's been so much fun over the years. 👌

Last edited:
I am not one to bitch about box sets as I am all in and I play the game.
I will start with the fact that the Signals box set is stunningly beautiful. The things you get to look at and read are fantastic.
My initial observation is if I was a record collector this would be a very good set with the LP and the (4) 7" singles.

But for the life of me why did they not provide single paper or plastic jackets for the one CD and the one BD is beyond me.
I looked at all the beautiful items in the box, took out the one BD to listen and rip and I had to provide my own plastic protective disc jacket.
Did they expect the box set buyer to constantly open and close the box set? Or maybe they do not respect those of us who listen to digital music and think we are just going to throw the two discs around unprotected.
That's not cool.

Last edited:
And then Kathy wanted the Tipping Point playing next while making an apple pie. Son of a bitch! The DTS 5.1 is just unreal. And the apple pie will be too!!! I know both~ ( TFF is playing right now...) edit: see!!👊

Attachments

• _MG_5488m.jpg
    _MG_5488m.jpg
    15.7 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Anyone else notice that the Atmos presentation on the Blu-Ray plays back a lot quieter than the Apple Music stream? I investigated and it turns out that the TrueHD audio was encoded with a dialnorm value of -23, so the overall level drops 8 dB. This volume drop isn't as drastic as on the Frank Zappa Waka/Wazoo disc or Kiss' Creatures Of The Night, but I'm not sure why the authoring houses can't get this right.

Anyone else notice that the Atmos presentation on the Blu-Ray plays back a lot quieter than the Apple Music stream? I investigated and it turns out that the TrueHD audio was encoded with a dialnorm value of -23, so the overall level drops 8 dB. This volume drop isn't as drastic as on the Frank Zappa Waka/Wazoo disc or Kiss' Creatures Of The Night, but I'm not sure why the authoring houses can't get this right.
still? 🤯 all this time after i first started noticing it on the HFPA Blu-ray's (gotta be nearly 10 yrs i guess?) i've never found any kind of explanation as to what exactly Dialog Normalization (Dialogue Normalisation? 🤪 ) achieves on a Surround Music mix if it's just an overall volume level +/- adjustment..? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I need it to get to about $150 before I will even consider it. It sucks. My favorite band has made it hard for me to justify buying their music. I have a choice of being grossly taken advantage of or passing it by. Tough choice.
Back on post #170 I said I needed it to get to $150 before I'd buy.
It's $147.78 on Amazon right now.
Should be here in a couple of days.

Back on post #170 I said I needed it to get to $150 before I'd buy.
It's $147.78 on Amazon right now.
Should be here in a couple of days.
Thanks for the tip. Went ahead and pulled the trigger myself. Would've liked some of the extra artwork from the Rush Backstage Club limited release that site was selling at the beginning, but not for an extra $100. ;)

Back