"The Sound Of Music" 4CD/Blu-Ray box set with Dolby Atmos mix coming 10/1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered in Amazon.fr. The best price I have found

9F3E0837-A519-48CF-9468-70C97436A228.jpeg

What they really need to do is collect all those stellar James Bond opening theme songs by Paul McCartney, Shirley Bassey, Carly Simon et alia and release them in ATMOS and 5.1

Yes. And not just upmixes (or sounding like upmixes) as they did with the films, except for Live And Let Die. In the meantime, I'll have to live with my home-grown efforts.

When this was released in '65 my parents took myself (I would have been 7-8yrs old) and my young brother (3-4yrs old) to see it in the cinema (it was in colour!!), my brother stood on his seat and watched the projector for most of the film :ROFLMAO:
Our parochial elementary school class took a field trip to see it. And my parents took us as well. So, I saw it twice in the theatre back then. :LB

It was pretty good, there are chirping birds for the eponymous title on the top speakers and a very tall nun also up there in Maria, don't ask why. I give it an 8.

I wonder why they didn't do a 4k version of the movie to go with the Atmos sound?
I have a feeling that the Craft Recording DOLBY ATMOS soundtrack release is a prelude to the Native UHD4K debut of The Sound of Music! It's now in the hands of Disney who distributes the 20th Century Fox catalogue! The film has already been restored in 4K in 2015 and according to all who have seen it... it is SPECTACULAR!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/sound-music-story-behind-4k-784771/
https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-release-the-sound-of-music-on-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray

Last edited:
I just received it today and went straight to the Atmos mix. Sounds noticeably hi-res sound, beautiful, clean, great surround placement, but really had to crank up the volume. Sorry I had to pay $100 for the Blu-ray, but the great book and 4 other CD’s couldn’t be anymore definitive.

Last edited:
I just received it today and went straight to the Atmos mix. Sounds noticeably hi-res sound, beautiful, clean, great surround placement, but really had to crank up the volume. Sorry I had to pay $100 for the Blu-ray, but the great book and 4 other CD’s couldn’t be anymore definitive.
Thanks for the detail! We will now shun you for your sins.

Back