Hawkwind: Space Ritual (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming in September 2023!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tracking number starts with AP. Doesn't seem to be DHL
My backup copy ordered from Amazon Global UK has an Australia Post tracking number that starts with A P.
No luck tracking it on their web site 72 hours after getting ship notice.

Will be interesting to see which one delivers first.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
Mine shipped from UK, though bought on Amazon Germany for 34€ including shipping.
Delivery estimate is Wednesday 11th though the carrier Amazon Logistics usually delivers before the scheduled date.

Listening to Hawkwind is like like the experience of taking a massive amount of drugs at a big hippy festival in the form of music. The music also goes over well at hippy festivals where people take massive amounts of drugs!

When I searched for this Hawkwind box set on Amazon this other (regular RBCD) came up as a recommendation and I couldn't resist ordering it....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C37W8L8Z?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
If anyone wants a laugh look at the titles and band names. It's hilarious. My favorite title;
"Lemmy And I Swallowed A Massive Amount Of Drugs"... LOL

I saw Ozric Tentacles at a outdoor hippie festival on top of Mulberry Mountain, Arkansas 12 years back, along with Flaming Lips.
I think I was the only guy strictly on cannabis & beer, not "dosed."

This is quite a compilation of Space Rock, including Tangerine Dream, Can, Gong, Popol Vuh, Nektar...

Streaming on Apple Music, smoke 'em if you've got 'em. :smokin

Disc Two, Track 5

I saw Ozric Tentacles at a outdoor hippie festival on top of Mulberry Mountain, Arkansas 12 years back, along with Flaming Lips.
I think I was the only guy strictly on cannabis & beer, not "dosed."

This is quite a compilation of Space Rock, including Tangerine Dream, Can, Gong, Popol Vuh...

Streaming on Apple Music, smoke 'em if you've got 'em. :smokin

I've been enjoying most of the bands/songs but there have been a few that I had to skip to the next song. They just went on forever and didn't go anywhere. Others are just goofy.

Wow a hippie festival 12 years ago. Was there a time machine involved? Maybe a DeLorean? :D

Wow a hippie festival 12 years ago. Was there a time machine involved? Maybe a DeLorean? :D

Wakarusa Music Festival ran the week before Bonnaroo for about a decade in the Woodstock spirit.

1696551835909.jpeg

1696551965647.jpeg

A mix of generations, from those of us who saw the Woodstock movie in high school, to their grandkids.

1696552091452.jpeg

Body painting trigger warning, proceed at your own discretion.
For educational, artistic & historical purposes only.
In the spirit of Stacia dancing at Hawkwind Space Ritual shows.

1696552199213.jpeg

1696552474341.jpeg

When I searched for this Hawkwind box set on Amazon this other (regular RBCD) came up as a recommendation and I couldn't resist ordering it....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C37W8L8Z?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
If anyone wants a laugh look at the titles and band names. It's hilarious. My favorite title;
"Lemmy And I Swallowed A Massive Amount Of Drugs"... LOL

Robert Calvert was in his prime at the time of Space Ritual, but was bi-polar / manic depressive in an era where there were no good prescription pharmaceuticals available for treatment.

Like Syd Barrett and others casualties of that era of experimentation, he was the last person in the world who should have been swallowing that stuff.
He was tripping naturally without out it, as his lucid creative periods demonstrate.

Nik Turner, in contrast, had a Keith Richards-like constitution and chemical tolerance.
He always signed his CDs and books "Stay High."
As he did for me on more than one occasion, such as this Anubian Lights.

RIP, only seven seconds of forever to blast-off with the new box. 🚀👨‍🚀 🪐 🌠💫✨

1696554884270.jpeg

My VISA has just been charged 34€ so I guess it's going to be shipped soon
Same here...my VISA was charged yesterday, but a check on amazon.de doesn't show it dispatched yet. (Still: Arriving 10 Oct - 16 Oct.) But I'm assuming it the charge ran, then I'm good to go.

This box appears to have gone out of stock almost everywhere.

I received my $49.14 copy from Amazon.de 🇩🇪 yesterday morning.
A few hours later I got my $131.72 back-up order from Amazon Global UK 🇬🇧.
Today I requested a refund and printed labels to return it unopened.

I have 30 days to send it back.
I'm thinking now I'll wait bit and see how things go.

It's not clear at this point if this box is a runaway best-seller that will soon be collectible,
merely temporary re-stocking delays due to unanticipated demand,
or if there might be a second pressing,

Worst-case scenario, if any discs are defective, and there's no replacement stock,
a refund for the bargain price would be cold comfort. :unsure:

Seems kind of silly to send it from Cornstock Nation 🌽,
back across the Atlantic ✈️,
up the M90 past Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿,
across the Firth of Forth 🌉,
back to Dunfermline, Fife, UK,
where it came from, via Australia Post 🦘 🇦🇺🌏.

🛸🛸🛸:phones

This box appears to have gone out of stock almost everywhere.

I received my $49.14 copy from Amazon.de 🇩🇪 yesterday morning.
A few hours later I got my $131.72 back-up order from Amazon Global UK 🇬🇧.
Today I requested a refund and printed labels to return it unopened.

I have 30 days to send it back.
I'm thinking now I'll wait bit and see how things go.

It's not clear at this point if this box is a runaway best-seller that will soon be collectible,
merely temporary re-stocking delays due to unanticipated demand,
or if there might be a second pressing,

Worst-case scenario, if any discs are defective, and there's no replacement stock,
a refund for the bargain price would be cold comfort. :unsure:

Seems kind of silly to send it from Cornstock Nation 🌽,
back across the Atlantic ✈️,
up the M90 past Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿,
across the Firth of Forth 🌉,
back to Dunfermline, Fife, UK,
where it came from, via Australia Post 🦘 🇦🇺🌏.

🛸🛸🛸:phones
And have you listened to it yet??

And have you listened to it yet??
Only the full 5.1 concert so far.
Blown away by the surround mix after decades of hearing it blasting from factory speakers in cars moving at interstate speed.

Had a little Space Ritual of my own, with the Hawkwind International Times tarot cards, cedar smoke, and herbal medicinal vapor.

We Were Born To Go!

1697053129921.jpeg

1697053187125.jpeg

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/hawkwinds_galactic_tarot_deck_1971

https://www.internationaltimes.it/a...m=IT_1971-11-18_B-IT-Volume-1_Iss-117_008-017
GALACTIC TAROT
A message:
“Great feelings of true love, earthlings. Welcome to this long playing event/happening/participation.
A coming together of the people. The pop Apocalypse is coming.
Hours of processing/collecting.performing information in an underground ecstasy message.
The message is the mystery. The mystery is the rock form divine.
The medium is dance, music, film lights, jelly babies, mime, poetry, 3D events,
playing together, reacting to situations together.
Custom moulded by Dr Feelgood for you, we present the Total Rock Reality Live Fantasy.”

To get your own reading:
Shuffle and deal into three rows of seven.
Read the image/word combinations thus formed.
The Galactic Tarot does not speak of the future or the past, for all galactic time is contained in the present.

1697053580292.png

Back