Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80's Hits from Sony Music Hong Kong - Hybrid Stereo SACD.

80s Hits - Cover - 400w.jpg

Cream-Disraeli Gears SHM-SACD...first listen...on the stereo side now but as weird as this sounds I'm more excited about the mono portion...I have learned not to make any snap decisions on these SHM discs until at least 10 plays.... but I feel good about what I have heard so far...of course it's taken from a vintage recording so I'm not expecting great sound quality...but I love Cream...so it's worth it for me...just when I was ready to end this post Tales Of Brave Ulysses started and it does sound very good..love that song..

I'd agree with that. If you have to pick among the two, 80s Hits is the one to get first.

Thanks for the vote of confidence :) I don't think it's just the content on the Hits SACD that does it for me either Mr.M., I think Hits sounds overall somewhat superior, did you find that also?

Last edited:
Thanks for the vote on confidence :) I don't think it's just the content on the Hits SACD that does it for me either Mr.M., I think Hits sounds overall somewhat superior, did you find that also?

My vote for the "hits" was based on the song selection and results. I'll have to go back and see if the sonics between the two differ.

Love - Forever Changes SACD. Stereo, this is the best I've heard it after buying it about five times. Listened briefly through DPLII, worth revisiting, or I still want to get a Surround Master.

John Denver - The Best of John Denver Live

One word....AMAZING....

Fidelity isn't perfect, but the performance is signature John Denver. gone too soon...

Side story how I obtained this disc...
caupina from avsforum gave this disc to me, unbelievable generosity to a fellow hidef music fan.

Last edited:
John Denver - The Best of John Denver Live

One word....AMAZING....

Fidelity isn't perfect, but the performance is signature John Denver. gone too soon...

That is a good one in SACD Stereo. I bet a lot of SACD fans don't even know about it.
An undiscovered gem.

Love - Forever Changes SACD. Stereo, this is the best I've heard it after buying it about five times. Listened briefly through DPLII, worth revisiting, or I still want to get a Surround Master.

Where did you get it? Acoustic Sounds still has it listed as a pre-order.

Edit; I found it on HD Tracks. Not DSD but available as 96/24 and 192/24 downloads.

http://www.hdtracks.com/forever-changes

Blood Sweat And Tears-Self titled album SACD...such a warm sounding disc...the ingredients are there to make an excellent multi channel disc...let's see if they can deliver...can't wait until that one is released...

Blood Sweat And Tears-Self titled album SACD...such a warm sounding disc...the ingredients are there to make an excellent multi channel disc...let's see if they can deliver...can't wait until that one is released...

Is that the MFSL, Clint? I've been looking for a reasonably priced one but will hold off now for the AF.

Where did you get it? Acoustic Sounds still has it listed as a pre-order.

Music Direct has the Love SACD first because they own Mobile Fidelity! No surprise there.
I'm sure it will be at the other web sites that carry SACDs shortly.

If you want the MFSL SACDs first, Music Direct is your best bet.

Back