ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started watching a documentary entitled "Produced by George Martin" on AXSTV while I was making breakfast...it was pretty "slow" for the first 40 minutes...it focused on his childhood and early years...but after that slow start I couldn't pull myself away...and I'm not the type that likes documentary shows....and it highlighted yet another of my musical shortcomings...I admit that I didn't know many of the English Progressive bands when I joined the forum...and it became evident very quickly how few I recognized...but I thought I knew of the more prominent British female vocalists....most notably Dusty Springfield and Petula Clark...and Mariannne Faithful and Lulu.....but Cilla Black was unknown to me...and seeing her on this documentary brought me to a song from my past that I love...it was a song written by Burt Bacharach for Dionne Warwick...and Cilla released it before Dionne and it rose to #1 on the British Charts...Cilla was one of a long line of talents discovered by Brian Epstein and brought to the attention of George Martin...this documentary was filmed in 2011...Cilla died in 2015(72) and George Martin passed away in 2016(90)…

Last edited:
I started watching a documentary entitled "Produced by George Martin" on AXSTV while I was making breakfast...it was pretty "slow" for the first 40 minutes...it focused on his childhood and early years...but after that slow start I couldn't pull myself away...and I'm not the type that likes documentary shows....and it highlighted yet another of my musical shortcomings...I admit that I didn't know many of the English Progressive bands when I joined the forum...and it became evident very quickly how few I recognized...but I thought I knew of the more prominent British female vocalists....most notably Dusty Springfield and Petula Clark...and Mariannne Faithful and Lulu.....but Cilla Black was unknown to me...and seeing her on this documentary brought me to a song from my past that I love...it was a song written by Burt Bacharach for Dionne Warwick...and Cilla released it before Dionne and it's rose to #1 on the British Charts...Cilla was one of a long line of talents discovered by Brian Epstein and brought to the attention of George Martin...this documentary was filmed in 2011...Cilla died in 2015(72) and George Martin passed away in 2016(90)…

Yeah, saw that show also, pretty much the same impression as you Clint, well worth watching. I try and keep a close eye on AXSTV. I need to catch that Steve Perry / Dan Rather interview.

What I didn't realize, through the process of blue screen this is ONLY one 14 year old lad playing all FIVE PARTS [click onto video then click again watch this video on you tube ... you won't be sorry]

Last edited:
4e7e3ecf5d68b51c1eef36c1fba07b39.jpg

Just ripped my recently acquired used vinyl...wow it sounds awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the DR breakout for Main Course. It's a good one...

foobar2000 1.4.3 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2019-04-21 20:49:53

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Bee Gees / Main Course
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
DR13 -2.32 dB -17.34 dB 4:35 01-Nights On Broadway
DR16 -1.00 dB -18.71 dB 3:43 02-Jive Talkin'
DR14 -1.00 dB -16.66 dB 4:52 03-Wind Of Change
DR11 -4.36 dB -18.85 dB 3:37 04-Songbird
DR12 -1.77 dB -16.46 dB 4:04 05-Fanny (Be Tender With My Love)
DR16 -1.00 dB -19.47 dB 3:08 06-All This Making Love
DR13 -1.48 dB -18.31 dB 3:30 07-Country Lanes
DR13 -1.00 dB -18.96 dB 3:28 08-Come On Over
DR15 -1.00 dB -17.69 dB 5:17 09-Edge Of The Universe
DR12 -2.14 dB -17.10 dB 4:25 10-Baby As You Turn Away

Number of tracks: 10
Official DR value: DR14

Samplerate: 96000 Hz
Channels: 2
Bits per sample: 24
Bitrate: 2831 kbps
Codec: FLAC
================================================================================

Back