List the speakers you have

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My current setup:

2 Infinity Composition Overture 3 - mains

2 Infinity Composition Overture 1 - side surrounds

1 Infinity CC-3 - Center

1 Infinity Classia C255ES - rear surrounds (6.1 & 7.1)

1 BIC America F12 12-Inch 475-watt front firing powered subwoofer (replaced my poor dead Velodyne sub)

All powered by an Onkyo TX-SR606

Polk RT 35 x 4 solid wood cabinets like ash I think. matching center, and Polk PSW-150. 12" with 150 watt amp.
I like it! Bought all new in 2001.
One thing it's very hard to find a decent price speaker with hard wood cabinets anymore. These guys were upper level speakers. And still perform. I push them with a 100 watt Integra.

Thanks for all the replies. It's likely going to be another month before I decide on what front speakers I get next. I have 2 different people that have the large Mirage M1, or M3si models that I have both owned before, but mistakenly sold to them, so deals will have to be negotiated . I really liked the bipolar design that had such a huge soundstage. And there is the look of those tall black elegant towers, which would flank the projection screen. The subwoofer will be a Stereo Integrity model (fantastic sq), and even though the room is only 13x14, it needs to have lots of displacement so that it is effortless, distortion free, visceral feeling. The 24" drivers are so cool to just look at, much less experience. :)

I have had many different brands and models of loudspeakers in my lifetime from the likes of Magnepan, B&W, Speakerlab, Advent, Def Tech, Cambridge Audio, Sunfire and Emotiva, just to name a few. Right now, I’m using a poor man’s speaker setup. Five Kef Q100’s used as the main speakers and four Cambridge Audio Minx Min 22’s used for the height speakers. I’ve retired both my Mirage and Sunfire subwoofers and now use a Goldenear SuperSub.

Part of why I'm wary of doing much reviewing of SQ is that my system is definitely in the consumer range - MartinLogan Motion 12s for the fronts, Motion C for the Center, and four Motion 4 speakers arranged in a suboptimal configuration in a row along the back wall of the living room. Polk PSW505 subwoofer. Power is a Sony ZA2100ES AVR, and my only disk spinner is a Sony X800.

I'm between houses, so my good stuff is in storage for the time being. It's not the first time, but I'm hoping it will be quite a while before it happens again, so I'm being careful about what I buy. Anyway, I have three Emotiva Pro Stealth 8s for the front, and a pair of original Realistic Minimus 7s for the back, and an Outlaw Audio sub.

Mains: Onix Rocket RS 1000s
https://www.audioholics.com/trade-shows/2004-cedia-expo/onix-rocket-rs-1000-loudspeaker
Center: Onix Rocket RSC 200
Sides: Onix Rocket RS 450
Front Wides: RS 250
https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_3/onix-rocket-speakers-8-2003.html
Rears: Onix Rocket RS 300
https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_10_2/onix-rocket-rss-300-speakers-6-2003.html
AV123 was an ID company that put out some beautiful speakers that perform very well. Unfortunately, this happened:
https://hometheaterreview.com/av123...dicted-in-colorado-for-alleged-charity-fraud/

Yep. I have a pair of their Onix X-LS bookshelf speakers that are very, very good for the price. Very, very good at any (reasonable) price, actually.

Too bad what happened.

Believe me, you NEED the bass. As no audiophile can ever really ignore the importance of bass.

This is a good topic for a thread!
Bi-amping is awesome.

It is advantageous to split the four signals at line-level thru speaker management processors.
This requires 8 (eight) channels of amplified signal.

Each corner of the room have an 18 inch JBL SR4718X 4ohm subwoofer, powered by a pair of Crown MA5002VZ 5kw amplifiers.
Play these subs too loud and they could dismantle even a well constructed residential building!
At shoulder height are four SPA-1230 three-way Smith Pro Audio speakers powered by 4 Crown PowerLine Four amps in mono mode.
Play these too loud and they will extinguish any life forms left in the rubble after the subs are done!
This is not the point, it's the transient impact and dynamic range that this capability provides, crystal clear brutal honesty sonically, so it is paramount to have excellent and exceptional source material to play.

These beauties (Crown PL4s) replaced the two Crown MA3600VZ amps, because the 3600s have cooling Fanformers that run very loud, so loud in fact that two of these amps powering on in a small living room sound more like multi-ton commercial HVAC units coming on!

Pre amps used are two Crown (SL-2) Straight Line Twos.
Optional signal chain loops include a variety of old school quad processors, dynamic range expanders (2 dbx 4bx units), White Instruments equalizers, a pair of Aphex Aural Exiters w/Optical Big Bottom, DBX 622, a pair of Yamaha SPX-990 effects units and a bunch of other optional items not worth mentioning here.

The whole idea for me is to make it sound like all the live electrified musicians are actually in the room having fun, doing it for real ... and with reckless abandon!

Bi-amping is awesome.

It is advantageous to split the four signals at line-level thru speaker management processors.

Each corner of the room have an 18 inch JBL SR4718X 4ohm subwoofer, powered by a pair of Crown MA5002VZ 5kw amplifiers.
Play these subs too loud and they could dismantle even a well constructed residential building!
At shoulder height are four SPA-1230 three-way Smith Pro Audio speakers powered by 4 Crown PowerLine Four amps in mono mode.
Play these too loud and they will extinguish any life forms left in the rubble after the subs are done!
This is not the point, it's the transient impact and dynamic range that this capability provides, crystal clear brutal honesty sonically, so it is paramount to have excellent and exceptional source material to play.

These beauties (Crown PL4s) replaced the two Crown MA3600VZ amps, because the 3600s have cooling Fanformers that run very loud, so loud in fact that two of these amps powering on in a small living room sound more like multi-ton commercial HVAC units coming on!

Optional signal chain loops include a variety of old school quad processors, dynamic range expanders (2 dbx 4bx units), White Instruments equalizers, a pair of Aphex Aural Exiters w/Optical Big Bottom, DBX 622, a pair of Yamaha SPX-990 effects units and a bunch of other optional items not worth mentioning here.

The whole idea for me is to make it sound like all the live electrified musicians are actually in the room having fun, doing it for real ... and with reckless abandon!
Wow, I finally found someone else on here that wants the sound as it is in the middle of the band instead of back in the 20th row.

Definitive Technology

BP 8040STs for the front
CS9060 center
Pro Monitor 1000s for the rears

I just bought a pair of BP2000 speakers yesterday, got them home only to find out that one of the sub amps is not operating. I called my repair tech today who is going to look at it, But the matching center channel and rear surround speakers (BP-X) are in good shape.

Bi-amping is awesome.

Lol.

What sort of room are you listening in? An auditorium?

That’s all pro-level live audio gear. And, to each his own, but running recorded music through processors like aural exciters and SPX 90s? I would never do so in a million years.

Sounds like you’re having fun though, and that’s all that matters! (y)

Back