New Alan Parsons in surround! "The Secret" out in April

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there are several releases that were announced as dvd a but turned out to be dvd v, there was even a release that said dvd audio on the package and spine but turned go be dvd v (can’t remember which one right now).
Unfortunately, there are LOTS of titles labeled as DVD-A and they are only DVD-V in reality! That's one of RT's pet-peeves. lol

What does hi definition even mean, in terms of audio? Let's say it means the same as hi res, it could be compressed, such as DTS 96/24 and be lossy, while still being hi res.
I think that is what was meant by non-conclusive.
So I guess what everyone is saying here is that MOST IF NOT ALL record labels are SCHOOTING AROUND THE TRUTH....and not being HONEST ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS....just to make the BIG BUCKS!!! ☹️☹️

Nah, I personally believe that a lot of people even within the industry never reflect over what it says... dvd something, the disc plays, it has sound, it has picture, check.

Aw, yes, the first couple of preview tracks are snoozers, but, to be fair, IMO, to these ears [BAN ME], there are snooze tunes on most APP records, I Robot included.

But, IMO, Mike, not to the extent where you want to curl up into a blanket .... and actually go to sleep! 💤

And IF those 'preview' tracks and video are the best THE SECRET has to offer ....... ay yai yai!:eek:

Last edited:
But, IMO, Mike, not to the extent where you want to curl up into a blanket .... and actually go to sleep! 💤

And IF those 'preview' tracks and video are the best THE SECRET has to offer ....... ay yay yay!:eek:
I hear ya. I'm guessing the interesting stuff is all in the surrounds and somebody accidentally uploaded only the fronts for the preview clips. :unsure:

I hear ya. I'm guessing the interesting stuff is all in the surrounds and somebody accidentally uploaded only the fronts for the preview clips. :unsure:

A possibility.....and I hate to sound uncharitable.....but methinks some things are better left IN THE PAST. AP put out some STUNNING albums .......but when the MUSE exits the soul ...........

I know it's considered sexist but I was responding to the interesting -er- fungus pic. :unsure:
Allthough I am a fun guy that is not a fungus. That is an example of the world's most potent, sexually frustrated, mature, females on the planet aka marijuana picked at the peak of perfection.

Here is another.

Allthough I am a fun guy that is not a fungus. That is an example of the world's most potent, sexually frustrated, mature, females on the planet aka marijuana picked at the peak of perfection.

Here is another.

View attachment 39165

So, Green, when's your new 5.1 album "The Pass of a Friendly Joint" coming out?

See the source image

He Giveth and He Taketh

Last edited:
So I guess what everyone is saying here is that MOST IF NOT ALL record labels are SCHOOTING AROUND THE TRUTH....and not being HONEST ABOUT THEIR PRODUCTS....just to make the BIG BUCKS!!! ☹☹
You give them too much credit.

A) they don’t know enough about the technical aspects of these releases to “not be honest” about them.

B). There are no “big bucks” to be made from a true Hi-Res Alan Parsons album. No reason to lie about it

Some of my favorite parts of earlier AP albums have been the instrumental passages and tracks. I hope there will be some good ones here. :whistle:

So, Green, when's your new 5.1 album "The Pass of a Friendly Joint" coming out?

See the source image

He Giveth and He Taketh
I smoke the bongs only no joints or pipes. You can find how I do lung Olympics on my Instagram page, @deepseavaginafishing You have heard some of the songs already. " Nobody's bud is better. Makes you feel sad for the rest. Nobody's bud is half as good as you baby you're the best. I wasn't looking but somehow you found me. Keeping all my trichomes safe inside." and "Your bud keeps lifting me higher than I've ever been before.

Last edited:
I smoke the bongs only no joints or pipes. You can find how I do lung Olympics on my Instagram page, @deepseavaginafishing You have heard some of the songs already. " Nobody's bud is better. Makes you feel sad for the rest. Nobody's bud is half as good as you baby you're the best. I wasn't looking but somehow you found me. Keeping all my trichomes safe inside." and "Your bud keeps lifting me higher than I've ever been before.
LOL good one

Sigh, no listing on Canadian Amazon yet. I'm seeing him in concert in midApril - wonder if the album will be on sale there?

Back