New Alan Parsons in surround! "The Secret" out in April

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, if I could jusssst find a similar type deal for a certain SW TD for Hades sake😗

You CAN Pupster...Just don't buy it!

So far, AmazonUK looks to be the best deal ........there are a LOT of discs in that gigundus box set, after all, even though they're mostly RBCDs! [$135 US including s/h from the UK]!

Last edited:
I love this album. A lot of ballads, yes, but most of the songs really grew on me with every repeated listen. Sadly haven't had a chance to listen to the 5.1 yet. The only DVD player I could use since I got the special edition (without the fancy sticker!) couldn't do anything with the DTS 5.1...

Well there are several releases that were announced as dvd a but turned out to be dvd v, there was even a release that said dvd audio on the package and spine but turned out to be dvd v (can’t remember which one right now).
Mike Oldfield's "Return to Ommadawn"?

A possibility.....and I hate to sound uncharitable.....but methinks some things are better left IN THE PAST. AP put out some STUNNING albums .......but when the MUSE exits the soul ...........

Parsons was never the main songwriter for the Project. The majority of the APP songs were written by Eric Woolfson. His first solo albums were written by Ian Bairnson (who had already written some stuff, uncredited, for the later Project records) and Stuart Elliott. The Secret is mainly the product of his tour band, who obviously know the Project songs very well.

I ripped it yesterday, and it ripped to 24/48, not 24/96, both the 5.1 and 2.0 DTS tracks. I cant say I understand the format conversions either, but I'm certainly no expert. I do find it odd that the two Project releases were BRD, but for this we get DTS.

Blame the record company. Frontiers aren't known for being a particularly "High Quality" label... apparently they even interfered with the mastering of the last Toto album, or something... I bet they made calculations and decided BD authoring wasn't worth it.

Back