Penteo Pro 16 Upmix/Downmix Plug-In

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe click the rescan button in the dialog then restart Reaper

EDIT: You did that

Last edited:
certainly looks like penteo didn't install properly - I have reinstalled programs under Ilok numerous times as I move to a new PC, and it wont invalidate the license..

Thanks John. I am going to try that now.

I figured it out!!!

I Google'd the .dll from the errormsgbox, VCRUNTIME140_1.dll and found info about it on the web.
It appears it's installed by running a Microsoft Visual Basic patch for Visual Basic 2019.

I downloaded the file VC_redist.x64.exe from Microsoft, rebooted, and now everything is working (so far)

I will check back!

I figured it out!!!

I Google'd the .dll from the errormsgbox, VCRUNTIME140_1.dll and found info about it on the web.
It appears it's installed by running a Microsoft Visual Basic patch for Visual Basic 2019.

I downloaded the file VC_redist.x64.exe from Microsoft, rebooted, and now everything is working (so far)

I will check back!

where are those dancing bananas??

I'm having the exact same problem as Jon. I hope you guys figure out a solution. I reinstalled Penteo twice and Reaper once with no luck. Reaper
just isn't recognizing Penteo.
I figured it out!!!

I will check back!
Damned .dlls :(

Nice work Jon ! :QQlove

Well I don't have a lot of time left for this today, but at least it's working now. I did a very quick test on a tune that I had just futzed around with using SPECWeb 1.5 and RX-7 for vocal isolation, and with the defaults set on Penteo I have to give the edge out of the gate to the SPECWeb/RX7, but I have to admit I spent some serious time on the former, and no time on the latter.

I will run this thing through the paces this weekend but honestly it's very easy to use if you follow Garry's steps (and have the proper Visual Basic .dll's on your PC!) :)

So, until next time...............thanks to all for your encouragement and assistance.

I tried your fix and I still don't have Penteo showing up as a VST3 plugin

Open up the preferences as described about and there's a button for VST that says something like "Clear Cache, Rescan". Then carefull watch as the VST's are rescanned. If you see Penteo 16 Pro appear and there's no error, then it's there and should work.

I figured it out!!!

I will check back!
And I thought...the dll is not the penteo one! 😂

I bought my license today. ($588 AUD)

I sampled quite a few tracks from different albums I’d upmixed last night. It’s worth it for me, especially since I have a lot of eighties and early nineties albums that will never get a real surround mix. Lots of Aussie great bands that are unknown outside of Oceania.

This is the same Penteo that SW is using for projects that have missing multitracks?

I believe so, although this is the latest release which came out only a couple of months back.

Now that I’ve heard quite a few upmixes I’m pretty sure one of our Aussie TV channels (Nine) uses Penteo as all their locally made programming has background music in 5.1 and it sounds very siimilar.

After Jon's post yesterday, discussing the merits of three different types of upmixing.
I found this thread on the Penteo software.
So for me in the UK, the total price for Ilok + reaper + the license = £400

I realise the reaper is free for 60 days but knowing me, I could not get all the upmixing required done, in that time frame.

Now shall I pull the trigger....Humm :unsure:

After Jon's post yesterday, discussing the merits of three different types of upmixing.
I found this thread on the Penteo software.
So for me in the UK, the total price for Ilok + reaper + the license = £400

I realise the reaper is free for 60 days but knowing me, I could not get all the upmixing required done, in that time frame.

Now shall I pull the trigger....Humm :unsure:
Seriously....test before you pull the trigger!

Back