Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-2019) [CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Box Set]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this pre-ordered from Amazon US for a month now. It was $341 when I ordered, and it's $341 today. I was hoping they would have one of those middle of the night flash price lowerings...........so far, not.
I put in a preorder from amazon france:

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 2.28.42 AM.png

It's right around $300 delivered with a fluctuating exchange rate

This has been the standard for a while I’m afraid. I love Floyd, I collect most of their releases but no release is worth that kind of money imo. I might consider if there was a 50% sale.

I don’t even remember who started with this boxset trend. I remember the first one I got was the Shine On boxset. If they make it attractive enough, I mean decent book, audio blurays, I’m not really into memorabilia or marbles, but some 7” singles or 12” EPS then I’m a sucker for those 🤪

When I think about getting Pepper, White Album and Abbey Road for less than what they're asking for this set, I just don't see me buying this release.
This is Pepper get it.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don’t even remember who started with this boxset trend. I remember the first one I got was the Shine On boxset. If they make it attractive enough, I mean decent book, audio blurays, I’m not really into memorabilia or marbles, but some 7” singles or 12” EPS then I’m a sucker for those 🤪

I'm curious why you'd want some 7" singles in a CD/Blu Ray box set.
Do you actually play them?

I'd say it's nothing more than the collector in him. Some folks do like the extras......even if the intent is to not play them. I bought the London Fog set from The Doors. Sonically, it's a piece of crap. But I found the "stuff" simply cool.

There is the wait to consider. Plus dealing with an overseas Amazon, if it shows up damaged, defective, etc.
Exactamundo my man. I've had too many items with totally slaughtered outer boxes/bags/envelopes from overseas. For something like this, no chance I'm risking it. Certainly not worth the difference in price. To me it's not.

I do play them. It’s just the collector in me. Limited editions, numbered editions, I have quite a few of those. When I got The Division Bell boxset apart from playing the blu-ray I found myself playing the blue 12” of High Hopes a lot

I do play them. It’s just the collector in me. Limited editions, numbered editions, I have quite a few of those. When I got The Division Bell boxset apart from playing the blu-ray I found myself playing the blue 12” of High Hopes a lot

Thanks. For me, vinyl plus blu ray is just more stuff to store. I'm glad you're enjoying it though. :)

Back