The Aristocrats - Boing, We'll Do It Live!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of the trio before this announcement. The only reason I bought this is because of the Steven Wilson mix. Bought the deluxe 2cd/1dvd plus their debut album.

I am pleasantly surprised by the studio and live album. It is instrumental guitar rock, with very good drumming and bass playing.

The 5.1 mix is standard SW live mixing. Drums in all speakers, guitar and bass in the fronts, with emphasis on their place on stage. More guitar in the left front and more bass in the right front. Plus guitar in the rear left and bass in the rear right.

DVD is Dolby, but sound pretty well.

The three musicians are all very good, but nowhere they are showing off. The extras on te DVD give an inside at how they write their songs and demo them. Good stuff.

All in all a nice dvd and mix when you want to listen to some adventurous guitar rock.

Wow - These guys are tight!!

Marco Minnemann on drums is amazing - but y'all knew that from his work with Steven Wilson ... great bass too!!

I'm listening to this one right now!

Great performance and great musicianship!!

Albeit the sound is only DD (2.0 and 5.1), it does sound good.

A must have DVD! :banana::banana::banana:

Back