What are the rarest NON-Sony 5.1 SACDs from the 2000-2008 era

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty rare and pricey , not all tracks are true 5.1 mixes , as they are "stereo sourced", but it was worth tracking down if you're a fan of the band.
R-3568681-1476441279-2420.jpeg.jpg

the Moodies Quad SACDs plus Lost Chord Stereo, Nine Inch Nails Downward Spiral SACD Deluxe Ed'n, EJ's GYBR UK SACD Deluxe Ed set, The Who's Tommy SACD Deluxe Ed'n, EJ's Peachtree Road I somehow omitted from the UMe pics last night and Dr Chesky's 5.1 demo fun time wacky looking disc (so much fun I've not got around to opening it yet!) :ROFLMAO:

HVEXUVj.jpeg

SNh47Hl.jpeg

Last edited:
more randoms on MCh SACD from around the world incl some Challenge Jazz label titles, an early Groove Note sampler, the wonderful Ann Mortifee disc, some of the weird "2+2+2" discs that use non standard channel assignment of the MultiCh SACD format, one of the Fiona Jay Hawkins MCh albums, Shall We Sax (!) from Japan (looks like fun, waste of time surround-wise its crap!), Muse's "Hullabaloo" (pricey and raaaaare!! :eek: ), the Punisher soundtrack and Gerardo Rosales bangs his bongos.

ke7geXc.jpeg

J3vATEU.jpeg

while my tastes are basically everything but Classical, I still pick up stuff that's out of my comfort zone as and when I see it out and about, so here's a random selection of Classical MultiCh SACDs from Universal, Philips, Decca, Deutsche Gramophon, Harmonia Mundi, Living Stereo, Mercury Living Presence, MFSL, Hyperion, Channel Classics, DHM, Supraphon, etc.

wJV4Fmp.jpeg

qjroUlR.jpeg

Heads Up all ye Quaddies! :p

a near-complete set of "Heads Up" Surround SACD releases
(plus Concord label spillover of Ultimate Mancini, Ray Charles All-Star Tribute "Genius Loves Company" & Telarc's Ray Charles With Count Basie "Ray Sings Basie Swings")

bcdI8XM.jpeg

pcuHE7V.jpeg

You missed the third Yellowjackets SACD... What?! You don't have it? OMG, I have something that Mighty Fredblue don't have!!! :LB:dance

IMG_20181001_221529.jpg
IMG_20181001_221611.jpg

You missed the third Yellowjackets SACD... What?! You don't have it? OMG, I have something that Mighty Fredblue don't have!!! :LB:dance

View attachment 35717View attachment 35718

:eek: i thought i was the Heads Up king but i just handed my SACD crown to vegas... to vegas... to VEEEEEEGAAAAASSSSSSS...!!!!!! :rocks :ROFLMAO::QQlove
(i'm gonna get me on that there internet and order that there yellowjackets record asap if not sooner! :p )

:eek: i thought i was the Heads Up king but i just handed my SACD crown to vegas... to vegas... to VEEEEEEGAAAAASSSSSSS...!!!!!! :rocks:ROFLMAO::QQlove
(i'm gonna get me on that there internet and order that there yellowjackets record asap if not sooner! :p )

It IS an excellent album, Adam and you know how discrete those Heads~Up 'babies' are!

Another album I bought from a Hong Kong Merchant....Excellent Discrete Jazz multichannel SACD [disregard the DTS cover]. Not even listed on HRAudio.net
MI0000842495.jpg

It IS an excellent album, Adam and you know how discrete those Heads~Up 'babies' are!

Another album I bought from a Hong Kong Merchant....Excellent Discrete Jazz multichannel SACD [disregard the DTS cover]. Not even listed on HRAudio.net
MI0000842495.jpg

i appreciate vegas' "heads up"! it was one of the few surround sacds on the Heads Up imprint i knew i didn't have but it somehow slipped between the cracks, like a few of the Concords & Telarcs.. anyhoo, crisis averted, just bought Time Squared on Amazon UK for £16 squids and change.

ooh that looks like an interesting disc! psychedelic artwork! thanks for the scoop, Ralph! i'm in! :p

Back