What are the rarest NON-Sony 5.1 SACDs from the 2000-2008 era

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t let fredblue and filper have all the fun so bear with me as I attempt to post a few blurry pics complete with shadows and reflections LOL
This is a self released SACD from what I can tell, no mention of a record label.
Best described as Pop/Rock

FFC9658C-3348-401C-8DD5-59BA9F3820D3.jpeg

Can’t let fredblue and filper have all the fun so bear with me as I attempt to post a few blurry pics complete with shadows and reflections LOL
This is self released SACD from what I can tell, no mention of a record label.
Best described as Pop/Rock

View attachment 35700

I LOVE, LOVE this album. Even though it's STEREO it really decodes well through one's DSP surround modes. I believe it was available from CDBaby. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CA6YYE/?tag=hraudio-20

Wow I wasn't aware

Wow wasn't aware of the Moloko or Feeder titles?! Or quite a few of the others like Texas... Thanks for the pics and information. The Indiana Jones of SACD!

I do sometimes wonder where was the marketing way back when?!

anytime! its a pleasure.
its been a while since I played some of these (the last few years i've been on an old Quad record and tape trip via the Surround Master, plus all the Vocalion stuff lately, my OOP SACD/DVD-Audio/DualDisc/DTS CD babies have been somewhat neglected!) but Moloko, Feeder and Texas are all good surround mixes iirc and worth tracking down.

I LOVE, LOVE this album. Even :confused:though it's STEREO it really decodes well through one's DSP surround modes. I believe it was available from CDBaby. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CA6YYE/?tag=hraudio-20

Didn’t notice the “5.1”in the thread title.
Most of the other oddities in my collection are also 2.0 so I wont post them here.
Having too much trouble taking usable pictures anyway :confused:

ahh.. some of my all-time 5.1 favourites in one quick pic! :love: snapped these earlier with the rest of the Universal label SACDs in SJB's.. i hesitated to include them as they were all pretty common for the longest time but thinking on I guess one or two of these may now be possibly considered rare/sought after at this stage?

QuVqB3k.jpeg

JRolpIr.jpeg

there are even some Stereo SACDs that sound good in (gasp!) Stereo..!! :eek: fancy that! :ROFLMAO:

Ah, yes. Especially when you play them through DIRECT STEREO mode and don't dilute their essence by 'falsely' spreading them around the room in faux [gasp!] surround.

Truth be told, GREAT Stereo also produces a phantom center channel so they're actually THREE CHANNEL [this according to Steve Wilson].

ahh.. some of my all-time 5.1 favourites in one quick pic! :love: snapped these earlier with the rest of the Universal label SACDs in SJB's.. i hesitated to include them as they were all pretty common for the longest time but thinking on I guess one or two of these may now be possibly considered rare/sought after at this stage?

QuVqB3k.jpeg

JRolpIr.jpeg
Six of my most favourites in this group. A man of great taste. I bought two copies of Honky Chateau in case one became unplayable.

Six of my most favourites in this group. A man of great taste. I bought two copies of Honky Chateau in case one became unplayable.

why thank you kind sir! :giggle:
yeay! that's the best insurance policy! buy two! (y)

you know, "it's a little bit funny" how things work out, I was a 'DVD-Audio 'til I die' man (!) until Universal did the SACD-only Elton John 5.1's.. had it not been for that move I might never have 'given in' to SACD.. or at least not at that point in time.. hundreds of the things later, the rest is history! a happy history but definitely a little bit funny! (oh I did that gag already!) :ROFLMAO:

QuVqB3k.jpeg

JRolpIr.jpeg

Bingo! Whoop! I guess quite a few others will get it too but I shouted first! Hmmm Electrolux toaster or cuddly toy?! :ROFLMAO: Some great albums there...

Those are two GREAT titles, Mr. Smithers. Way back when a lot of these titles were announced there was little info on the internet [or maybe I was snoozing]. And the majors pulled the plug so quickly and pressed so few quantities, if you blinked you missed out......you snooze, you lose.

Fortunately, Indiana Buckley [ADAM] took his multi~vitamins and drank lots of coffee and was able to fill his coffers with the choicest of the choice....never bringing his whip to a gunfight!

th

Indiana Buckley discovering a rare SACD at Lady Smithers Garden Party~Tag Sale! One lump of sugar .... or two?

Yes I don't think I was aware or someone had swapped my tea at the garden party for decaff! :) There was such a small SACD/DVD-A section at the Virgin Megastore I visited and it was pretty hidden. And then after a while they just mixed them all up with the regular cd's. I wish I had been more clued up back then but hey ho...

I shall set amends to track down these rare artifacts - drawing red lines over maps to record stores, eBay, Discogs and second hand shops... Hopefully won't find too many snakes (selling at insane prices). I hate snakes! :cool:

Back